Portal Gun

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
Yes its a Portal Gun! and it does what It suppose to do. Press fire once for first portal, press fire again for second portal, and press third time to start or you can press altfire to delete 2nd and again to delete the first. The portals transfer velocity so this means, the speed of which you enter the portals will be the same as how you'll exit. Soon I'll make a Portal Gametype with maps where you can find way to the end and also this gun can be used in BT :).

http://www.moddb.com/mods/portal-gun/

Attachments

• UnrealTournament 2008-08-08 02-39-12-29.JPG
    UnrealTournament 2008-08-08 02-39-12-29.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
Hey I had to fix some bugs could everyone who downloaded redowload now.

Bug fix:

Transferring velocity into other portal wasn't working.

italianstal1ion

Jul 5, 2008
This is awesome. Really fun to play with, though I wish they stayed forever. They delete after a minute or so don't they, or is it just me?

Maybe if I ever learn how to map, I'd make some portal puzzles

Kerr Avon

Jan 22, 2008
BC, you continue to amaze me :eek:

You really are a giant amongst modders.

Thanks for this, and all the others (and the many others that are no doubt to come from your fertile imaginsation).

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
I know this is crap but I had update it again, my friend made new texture for portals and they are awesome.

iSenSe

on it!
Jan 20, 2008
DM-1on1SmallMountain [NL]
sry DP..

but this diserves its own post.
those textures are really amazing man!!
when i get my server up.. ( if if hear anything from ''gameservers.com'' ) then i deffinitaly will bring this into it.

i first registrated my server @ projectfrag.. only they didtn reply my mail.
now i already transferred the money to Gameservers.com only my server isnt up :(
and i didnt hear anything... :(

BC i promise to you, when its finally up, i will bring your coolest muts/mods online.

ps: iam thinking of a mutator you would be able to make for UT.. just a funny little modification.. only i cant bring up anything u already created everything :p

ehm... perhaps a sort of flying mod ?

Last edited:

BlackCheetah

Jan 22, 2008
Hey guys I made my first model, and its what I am using for portal gun version 2. see picture

Attachments

• port.JPG
    port.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 44

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Yeap.
Elven Trainers said:
Practice makes perfect!
But still, after you create a model, don't forget to add a texture ;) You may make the weapon low poly but with a good texture and it will look better than a high poly one without textures.

[VaLkyR]Anubis

Foregone Destruction
Jan 20, 2008
Gaia
www.youtube.com
Holy Moly,portal gun in UT,what a crazy idea.Yeah,add a good texture to this model,like GreatEmerald already said,the texture of a model is the same like clothes of us.:)