BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Unreal Development > Content Releases

Old 30th Jul 2008, 09:48 PM   #1
brianxm
Currently evading the authorities

WAR-ZeroImpact Final Release (PC) Download + Pics

Name: WAR-ZeroImpact / WAR-ZeroImpact-Day
Version: 1.0 Final
Compatibility: UT3 (PC patch 1.2) and (PS3 Patch 1.10)
Players: 8-32
Author: brianXm

Description: This is a UT3 conversion of my UT2004 Onslaught map. This is not a strait conversion. I have made a few changes in this UT3 version to accommodate Warefare game play.

Back Story: Winter has set in on the Enidlareg Ogop plane and in this icy impact crater, factions collide for control of the most precious of commodities, Water. The reservoir has been drained and the battle lines have been drawn. Controlling the facilities power grid is the key to capturing this strategic resource.

Comments:

Features:
  • 360 degree bi-directional conveyor belt/moving walkway.
  • Hyper jumppads for the Hover Board (flying is an option)
  • Two prime nodes per Core.

Play Dynamics:
  • Whan the enemy captures both prime nodes, the gate doors in the reservoir wall and the core maintenance doors will switch to there default open positions due to an electrical interruption. This will not occure when the single prime node setup is in play (9 players or less).
  • The North standalone nodes when captured and held will spawn a Levi. Lose any one of these nodes, lose the Levi.
  • The Middle standalone nodes when captured and held will spawn a DarkWalker and open the gate doors to the middle node structure.

Download:

PC
Night Map: WAR-ZeroImpact.zip

Day Map: WAR-ZeroImpact-Day.zip

Screenshots: Night / Day

This image was resized using the screenshot tag.  Click to view the full version This image was resized using the screenshot tag.  Click to view the full version

This image was resized using the screenshot tag.  Click to view the full version This image was resized using the screenshot tag.  Click to view the full version

Enjoy!

Old 31st Jul 2008, 09:48 PM   #2
_N_
addicted to mapping

Heh, I was looking at the shots and thinking: "Hey, it kinda reminds me of ONS-Bittersands" but then I saw that it was because Bittersands was also made by you . Very nice
_N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Aug 2008, 12:26 AM   #3
brianxm

Quote:
Originally Posted by _N_ View Post
Heh, I was looking at the shots and thinking: "Hey, it kinda reminds me of ONS-Bittersands" but then I saw that it was because Bittersands was also made by you . Very nice
Thanks _N_

Yes, the core bases have similar design and styling. And speaking of Bittersands, Bittersands will be my next map. My plan for Bittersands is to use more stock meshes, trying to get away from the BSP-ish type of architecture.

Hey, excellent work on WAR-Beachfront. You really captured the feeling of being in the tropics. Been there a few times myself. Cheers mate!
Old 1st Aug 2008, 01:39 PM   #4
_N_
addicted to mapping

Thanks!
Actually, I remember ONS-Bittersands pretty well because you posted it on omnipotents much the same day I post ONS-StarReach. Heh, I also recall Bittersands getting immediately accepted whereas my StarReach had to go through several revisions and improvements before being finally deemed polished enough for a trial period online (made me just a little jealous ).

Speaking of which, though, have you found any good servers that might be willing to host a custom map? It's a shame omnipotents ditched their UT3 server so prematurely just because it wasn't an instant, knock-out hit right off the bat .
Old 1st Aug 2008, 09:39 PM   #5
Poker
Anus Retentus

Lovely work yet again brian. I think you've made some strong improvements to what was already a favorite for many in ONS.

(I have to ask: who is Geraldine Pogo? )
Old 2nd Aug 2008, 12:12 AM   #6
brianxm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poker View Post
(I have to ask: who is Geraldine Pogo? )
Old 2nd Aug 2008, 02:28 AM   #7
brianxm

Quote:
Originally Posted by _N_ View Post
Thanks!
Actually, I remember ONS-Bittersands pretty well because you posted it on omnipotents much the same day I post ONS-StarReach. Heh, I also recall Bittersands getting immediately accepted whereas my StarReach had to go through several revisions and improvements before being finally deemed polished enough for a trial period online (made me just a little jealous ).

Speaking of which, though, have you found any good servers that might be willing to host a custom map? It's a shame omnipotents ditched their UT3 server so prematurely just because it wasn't an instant, knock-out hit right off the bat .
Yes, I remember your map over on omnipotents at that time. By the time I posted the map on omnipotents, it was already polished, with a little help from my friends over a Titan and ASS Gaming. I spent many months going through 7 betas and many changes to get into a finished state. I still have ONS-StarReach-N-V2 on my hard drive. Me and my LAN buddies have played it many times. It's a nice map.

Maybe after patch 3 is released things will turn around. The map download problem has been one reason why only a smattering of custom content servers exist.

The few that I know about off the top of my head. There are probably more than this though.

PC:
http://bigbattleservers.com
http://www.clan-bge.com

PS3:
http://unreal-station.com/
http://www.ut3gow.com/

Old 2nd Aug 2008, 09:57 PM   #8
_N_
addicted to mapping

Thanks for the info! Finally had a chance to play it online on BGE.

Wow! it's huuuge! It think it needed more players (only 10 people on the server at the time) but I'm glad to see mappers brave enough to break out of the small-sized maps finally. Unlike 2k4, UT3 has the hoverboard to big maps are easier to get around on now. I'm surprised more mappers don't aim for larger maps...

Heh, I also see you added an "Core Alarm" too! I did the same thing in Beachfront, but with a small difference: it turns off after the core explodes (playertesters were complaining that it was kinda annoying at the end of the round, so I had it shut itself off after the game ended).

Overall though, very nice! I was shocked to see I got decent performance on it too!