GoW SP_RedAlert-Final

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
redalertpt0.png

Changes since beta:

• You can now play as all the COG characters (Random).
  • Added in-game tutorial.
  • AIs doesn't get stuck anymore.
  • Added blue lines to display player restricted areas.
  • Changed train interval (Now longer).
  • Turret now stays for 22 seconds.
  • Turret is now on butter (Fast rotating).
  • Improved AI pathing.
  • Improved/fixed some cover nodes.
  • Added ambient sounds.
  • Added emitter effects.
  • Added/Replaced some visuals (Lightning, meshes, ETC).
  • Last wave now consist of 7+7 SniperDrones (Delayed arrival).
  • Second reinforcement wave does not drop Torque bows anymore.
  • Effect added when reinforcements are killed.
  • Player starts with a HammerBurst instead of shotgun.

Info + Download
Direct Download

Kantham.com

Special thanks to Cepstral Text-To-Speech engine for the tutorial voice.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
There's only one file. Are you sure the map isn't under program files?:
C:\Documents and Settings\Computer\My Docs\My Games\Gears of War for Windows\WarGame\Published\CookedPC\Maps\CustomMaps

I found out that starting it from the console is even better, because you have a history, so whenever you die, you just need to open up the console, press the arrow key up, then enter, it save some time instead of going trough the menu again.

Last edited:

J112

Very Superstitious
Dec 16, 2005
Mmm buttery turret, Love the final and the changes you've made from beta. Thanks for the tip about using the console, hadn't thought of that and it sure saves time. Not quite sure how I feel about switching out the gnasher for the hammerburst but hey, each to his own.

Keep it up.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah, I tried to make it a little harder to get some Gnasher ammo, to keep a little balance so the player goes 50-bullets 50-shotguns. Grenadiers drop shotguns. :p