Need a little help here...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

pusswart

Jun 9, 2000
your butt
www.puss.com
Hi Everyone...

As you all see m to be a good bunch of people I figure I could ask this question...

If I wanted to set up my controls so that I run straight instead of where my mouse is looking how would i do that????

Fizzy

Bubbling
May 3, 2000
Visit site
Look to the side and use your sidestep keys, or backwards key, or a combo to run diagnally from your line of sight.

bullet2.gif

"I wanted to be born again, but mom said no."
www.fuclan.com

Omega-Seven

Apr 17, 2000
none.yet
what you want to do (a la smash tv) isn't possible in FPS so far. You can't dissociate movement from head turning (forward will always be defined as the direction you are looking in). This may change in future games, but is not possible to do in UT

bullet2.gif

The undisputed champion of Respawning.
-Jing|PuF|

Omega-Seven

Apr 17, 2000
none.yet
Ya, but Smash Tv was the 'innovative' arcade game where you had two joysticks...one to control movement and the other to control looking direction and firing. In mech warrior, it's more like my mech is going to lumber in this direction for a while, so i will torso twist.... =) MW is considered a Sim anyway, not a FPS =)

bullet2.gif

The undisputed champion of Respawning.
-Jing|PuF|

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
Yea, if I unterstand you correctly, you want it the way as in many games, where you have to control a relatively slow vehicle, that has some kind of a turret, like a tank or a mech. I find this way of control too complicated for a game, where you move very fast, like an FPS. And strafing lets you do almost the same.

I think I remember having played a game (can't remember which one - was it TombRaider?), where you had a key for a quick 90° side-look. That came in pretty handy.

bullet2.gif

©leaner.CH.[$FCE2]
$FCE2 - Respawn Inc. -
UT ©leaned - Tips'n'Tricks for UT Config and Gameplay