News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > News & Articles

Old 24th Apr 2008, 09:19 PM   #1
hal
Dictator

NBA Ballers: Chosen One Reviews

The reviews are rolling in for NBA Ballers: Chosen One which was released this week and it's not exactly setting the world on fire, averaging 59% at Gamerankings. Most of the complaints seem to center around the singleplayer portion of the game and some of the game modes which we were not able to play during our recent hands-on test. TeamXbox sums it up:

Quote:

NBA Ballers: Chosen One supports multiplayer games in both online and offline flavors. Up to four players can compete against one another in any of the game's main events. Multiplayer games add a little something to the game's overall experience, as there's nothing quite like playing games against real live opponents. While the multiplayer experience is nowhere near as robust as many other sports games, its fast paced and competitive nature helps to salvage things a bit despite its numerous flaws.

NBA Ballers: Chosen One is one of those games that tries to do a little bit of everything, but never gets quite any one thing right. The graphics look cleaner, but more artificial. The create-a-player is functional, but nothing spectacular. Character development looks good on paper, but not in practice. The addition of combo minigames is interesting, but takes away more than it adds. At the end of the day, you're just left with the feeling that somewhere along the way, Midway simply dropped the ball.
Old 25th Apr 2008, 12:11 AM   #2
SirTahngarth
Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop

lots of ppl were saying "this is gonna be great" and it looks like its going the way of UT3 (but due to actual low ratings)

^click here to visit my dragons^ Canya put some bonus points in me drinkin' skill?
http://savage2.s2games.com
^ This is a really unique game, get it.
SirTahngarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Apr 2008, 05:23 AM   #3
UBerserker
old EPIC GAMES

Post Ball has done just midway.

Didn't expect nothing spectacular from this game. Nor I expecting something special from any other Midway games that are going to be released
[09:52:48] <Specineff> Area man gains z axis, becomes volume man, won't stop yelling
UBerserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Apr 2008, 07:05 AM   #4
Sk.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erosion View Post
Nor I expecting something special from any other Midway games that are going to be released
I do - since that new Mortal Combat game got recently announced which had DC characters innit smells like big-bad-failiure so at least some massive laughter is expected
Sk.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Apr 2008, 02:22 PM   #5
NitrousUser
[BuF]JinxyBoi

but it's NBA Jam with the voice of Public Enemy! What went wrooong!?