UT DM-GTarena][

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

16MentalTempest

Out to lunch.
Mar 31, 2008
This map I released last summer under my old name Ju.L.Mo. I got it back and fixed it up a little bit, including BSP, texturing, and item placement. It is a stadium with two levels of seating, a stage, and a backstage area.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• DM-GTarena][.zip
    276.7 KB · Views: 10

PsyXandeR

Aug 5, 2005
W00ting himself on CTF-AllYourW00T
Gettin' better ;) Will post real feedback as soon as I get home, now Iwill be judging from screens :)

Firstly, texture choice - it is way too random here, those ads posters look really random and thus out of place. The thing you want to avoid is texture titling ie seeing the same texture many times on the same surface. Also make sure that you align surfaces otherwise level will loose its credibility, the thing you don't want to do.

Secondly, texture choise is inconsistent, they don't work well with each other as they have multiple colors. Brown + White - ish - bleh ^^ Lighting could be much better , make sure that you don't use white lights since it gives unfinished looks to the level ( well, except few exceptional cases :) ) There's supposed to be 3 light colors, which provide some contrast in your level, you probably don't want your level to look totally white / red / whatever.

Feedback about layout's coming soon :)

Anyways, you are improving :) Keep up the good job.

16MentalTempest

Out to lunch.
Mar 31, 2008
Sorry I took awhile to reply, been busy with life. Keep in mind that most of the changes I made to the map were technical. Back then I didn't realize that building the map almost entirely off grid would cause the BSP to look like swiss cheese in the editor (thankfully no errors, but I sure walked the line). A lot of the stairs and other random crap was turned into semi-solids and that really helped simplify the arena.
The only retexturing I did was in the 'backstage' area of the map. I suppose I should rename this a BETA because there is still a lot more that should be done to it. Besides, I don't want to just leave the map behind after a single cursory check.

16MentalTempest

Out to lunch.
Mar 31, 2008
DM-GTarena][ - New Version

I decided to just rebuild the map from scratch. The layout is not much different from the original, but I tried adding more colored lights and there is a larger backstage area.

Attachments

• DM-GTarena][.zip
    251.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Shot0001.jpg
    Shot0001.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 24