UT3 WAR-Reinforcement - Beta 1 Release

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jayoplus

Feb 20, 2008
This is my first Warfare map.
Honestly, I haven't played warfare other than in the single player campaign. Haven't played it online but I have seen it been played so I think I have some idea. For the record, I really only play CTF. Map design inspired by War-Powersurge.

Anyways, so I decided to make a map that had to do mostly with aircrafts. This was the primary focus when making this map, as such there are mostly aircraft vehicles in the map. All axon vehicles.

NumPlayers: 16-32

All vehicles are:

2 Goliaths and 2 Paladins (One for each team - Spawns when bridge node is controlled)

2 Cicadas (One for each team - Spawns when bridge node is controlled)

10 Raptors - 2 located at each base, 3 spawn at each prime node controlled.

4 Minigun turrets - 2 each located on the base roof top.

There is one link setup -

(R) Red Core
(B) Blue Core
(C) Countdown Node - Stand Alone
(P1) Red Prime
(N) Bridge Node
(P2) Blue Prime

I hear for aircrafts, avrils are important so there are a lot of Avril weapon pickups as well as ammo.
Powerups - Redeemer, UDamage, Berserk, Invisibility.

Node control objectives
Of course the countdown node does damage to the core. Countdown is 60s.

The bridge node gets more complicated. And this is why there are land vehicles (for those who may have been wondering why there are land vehicles in an airborne oriented map).
Of course control of this node raises a bridge to the enemy core, in doing this, shorts some circuitry which opens up the roof of the enemy base and raises the core, exposing to aerial attack.

Now, if a team controls both the Bridge node and the countdown node, the core takes twice the damage. Logical since the core is even more exposed.
I figured this may add some dynamic to the play.

I am open to suggestions on how much damage the extra damage should be for control of both nodes. When play testiing with Godlike bots, it seemed balanced.

I expect to see a lot of dog fighting on the map Hopefully.

At the moment, I am having serious issues with bot pathing, working on it. Most of the Kismet is done. There is no sound or music yet. I always do that last as I don't like the music playing whenever I want to play test maps.
There is absolutely no lighting done yet. There is only one sky light powering the level.

Screens (These are low res.) As I get more into lighting and optimization, I'll get better ones up.

Download. http://hosted.filefront.com/jjppzz/

Last edited:

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
Good idea for a map, cept its just so visual busy, its hard to figure out where the **** you are, specially in the communication tower.

The platforms need to be different, everything has that X mesh around it, do something different for each thing but under the Liandri high tech theme, should be easy.

Also, you say this is supposed to be a Raptor map... why can't i even find them? Build some additional walkways or stuff that SHOW where these guys are, since they are the dominant vehicle, they should be EASY to find, which they AREN'T!

Again, everything is just spinning and its hard to figure where you really should go. I'd say defiantly redo the circle platforms (middle left on second screen (of the two bottom pictures), then consider easying up a bit on the communication tower node.

Last edited:

jayoplus

Feb 20, 2008
Yea thanks.
I think the reason it may seem that way is because there is no lighting. Everything is lit the same right now.
The Tower node has the big rig next to it so i think that makes it look different than the prime nodes.
Hopefully after the lighting it will look much better. :)

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
Well those cylinder platforms need to be changed, you could keep em like they are, just add some other stuff to em.