News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > News & Articles

Old 20th Mar 2008, 05:18 PM   #1
_Lynx
Strategic Military Services

New UT3 PS3 Mod Tools Now Available To Modmakers.

Jeff Morris just announced that new UT3 PS3 Mod Tools patch is available to modmakers.
Quote:
These tools enables the cooking of PC mods for use on the PS3. It is not a patch for UT3 and does not include any of the previous patch fixes nor any new fixes. This version supports the recently released v1.10 PS3 patch. It requires that patch 1.2 be installed.
Old 20th Mar 2008, 05:25 PM   #2
TheSpoonDog
CBP3! Yarrr!

link?
TheSpoonDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2008, 05:31 PM   #3
UBerserker
old EPIC GAMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpoonDog View Post
link?
http://download.beyondunreal.com/fil...odtools2.1.exe
Old 20th Mar 2008, 05:42 PM   #4
TheSpoonDog
CBP3! Yarrr!

thx
TheSpoonDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2008, 08:13 PM   #5
Anuban
Your reward is that you are still alive

Cool ... I was just talking/asking about this. Now we can cook the models for the PS3 correctly.

Edit: Is anyone else having problems with this. It said that it was installing the patch when I ran it and then I checked where the tool is and the date on the file is from January. So my UnrealFrontend tool has not been updated so what's the deal here? Has anyone gotten it to work?

Edit: How can you tell what version you have installed? I can't cook any models until this is resolved so please someone give me some assistance. Thanks.
"That's nothing, we have even had WarTourist (Jeff Morris, the man responsible for killing UT, ie, producer of UT3) coming here, and noting the people who had bad things to say about Epic/UT3, checking their profiles, then going back to the official Epic forums, checking for matches in user names and profiles, then banning those people, lol, what a man!!, what a Company!!!, what a Game!!!!"

- Cliify_A

Last edited by Anuban; 20th Mar 2008 at 09:23 PM.
Anuban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2008, 10:14 PM   #6
Alhanalem
Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop

Why is the ps3 version at 1.10 already? they've had 10 patches in the time it took the PC to have two? Or is that a typo and it's supposed to be 1.1 ?

^click here to visit my dragons^ Canya put some bonus points in me drinkin' skill?
http://savage2.s2games.com
^ This is a really unique game, get it.

Last edited by Alhanalem; 20th Mar 2008 at 10:17 PM.
Alhanalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2008, 10:31 PM   #7
Anuban

How does this darn thing install? How will I know if I am using the correct version? I need some answers please Epic. Don't ignore your customers please ... its not like there is a tech/customer support number I can call (which would be timely to say the least ... how many business software companies lack some kind of phone support ... now this is an aspect of gaming in general that needs to change but this is a topic for another thread).
"That's nothing, we have even had WarTourist (Jeff Morris, the man responsible for killing UT, ie, producer of UT3) coming here, and noting the people who had bad things to say about Epic/UT3, checking their profiles, then going back to the official Epic forums, checking for matches in user names and profiles, then banning those people, lol, what a man!!, what a Company!!!, what a Game!!!!"

- Cliify_A
Old 20th Mar 2008, 10:57 PM   #8
Alhanalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuban View Post
How does this darn thing install? How will I know if I am using the correct version? I need some answers please Epic. Don't ignore your customers please ... its not like there is a tech/customer support number I can call (which would be timely to say the least ... how many business software companies lack some kind of phone support ... now this is an aspect of gaming in general that needs to change but this is a topic for another thread).
Uh, I'm pretty sure there's only one other version of the tools, so if you already have them and haven't downloaded this, then you dont have them?
If you're talking about PS3 UT3, I'd assume that if you've patched your game it will show the version number on the main menu.

^click here to visit my dragons^ Canya put some bonus points in me drinkin' skill?
Old 21st Mar 2008, 12:24 AM   #9
Anuban

I'm not talking about the patch ... I'm talking about THIS tool that the thread is referring to. The one used for cooking mods with the PS3. There is an older version pre UT3 PS3 patch ... and now this new version for supporting the new things introduced in the patch (like the full character models being cooked for the PS3 ... head and all). How does this new cooking tool install correctly and how do I tell what the version of the tool is? The install program doesn't give me any indication that the program has been updated. Someone who knows the answers to these questions please give me some assistance. Thanks.

- Cliify_A
Old 21st Mar 2008, 12:53 AM   #10
Festering Anus
Cheeto Hans

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirTahngarth View Post
Why is the ps3 version at 1.10 already? they've had 10 patches in the time it took the PC to have two? Or is that a typo and it's supposed to be 1.1 ?
1.10 = 1.1
Old 21st Mar 2008, 01:46 AM   #11
fuegerstef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
1.10 = 1.1
Amazing this board is, isn't it?
fuegerstef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2008, 02:12 AM   #12
Alhanalem

Quote:
I'm not talking about the patch ... I'm talking about THIS tool that the thread is referring to. The one used for cooking mods with the PS3. There is an older version pre UT3 PS3 patch ... and now this new version for supporting the new things introduced in the patch (like the full character models being cooked for the PS3 ... head and all). How does this new cooking tool install correctly and how do I tell what the version of the tool is? The install program doesn't give me any indication that the program has been updated. Someone who knows the answers to these questions please give me some assistance. Thanks.
You're really making this sound more complicated than it is. Only two versions of these tools exist. The initial release, and this new version released today. You don't need to be told they're different, they just are. If it makes you feel any better, uninstall the old version first. It installs correctly by... installing it? If you're having a problem installing it remove the old one first like I said. I dont think it truly needs to give any indications, if you clicked the right download link you should have the right file.

Last edited by Alhanalem; 21st Mar 2008 at 02:13 AM.
Old 21st Mar 2008, 04:25 AM   #13
elmuerte
Master of Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
1.10 = 1.1
10 is binary for 2
1.10 = 1.2
elmuerte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2008, 07:00 AM   #14
Lruce Bee
Transcending to another level

Haven't got UT3 but doesn't this stuf come with some sort of readme file?
If it doesn't then that's just sloppy.
Lruce Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2008, 07:41 AM   #15
SuperDre

Quote:
Well, actually if you are really (not even so seriously) into modding UT(3) you would have known there is a special mailinglist, has been for about every UT game.. google is your friend, or just a quick look at the UDN site http://udn.epicgames.com/Main/WebHome.html
or you could try the official unrealtournament forums..
SuperDre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Mar 2008, 01:53 PM   #16
Anuban

^^^ there shouldn't need to be a "special mailing list" ... but anyway I know how to get it working so the issue is now moot.

- Cliify_A
Old 21st Mar 2008, 08:56 PM   #17
Kharnellius

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmuerte View Post
10 is binary for 2
1.10 = 1.2
Fool. This is the third iteration of the playstation. Clearly, they are using trinary.

1.10 = 1.3 (in decimal)
Kharnellius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2008, 03:48 AM   #18
NeoNight
Lurker

So can people cook more complex mods now or mods with sound?
NeoNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Mar 2008, 01:58 PM   #19
hal
Dictator

Sound is for n00bs.
Old 22nd Mar 2008, 02:42 PM   #20
Mr. UglyPants
2007 never existed, it was all a dream.

Guess thats a big no.

Mr. UglyPants is offline   Reply With Quote