UT3 Spawn model ver 1.4 - new custom content

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EvilEngine

GodMode
Mar 31, 2003
www.evilengine.net
Spawn model ver 1.52 - FParms mesh fixed

Finally officially out of BETA, this version features new first person arms, new gibs+gore, updated sound fx, and tweaked materials. I am uploading right now, but should be finished within 40 min.
I will let you guys play with it for a few hours, and after I see theres no negative feedback it will be posted at Epics.
Thanks for being patient.

:::::::::::::::::::::: EvilEngine ::::::::::::::::::::::

::::::::::::::::::
:: PROGRAM INFO ::
::::::::::::::::::

Program Name........: UT3_Model_Spawn
Version.............: 1.52
Author..............: EvilEngine
OS..................: Windows OS/PC ONLY
Release Date........: 3/11/2008
Languages...........: English

:::::::::::::
:: CONTACT ::

Website.............: http://www.evilengine.net/forum
Email...............: admin@evilengine.net

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:: DESCRIPTION or/and USES ::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

This is the latest version of the Spawn model version 1.52. Made for Unreal Tournament 3, PC version only. PS3 is not yet supported.

::::::::::::::
:: REQUIRED ::
::::::::::::::

You need the lastest 1.2 or newer UT3 patch.

::::::::::::::::
:: WHAT'S NEW ::
::::::::::::::::

Contains updated giblets, along with the original ones. Ribs,hands,arms and bones.
Tweaked the base materials so unused functions like transmission is removed to save resources.
Added the long awaited first person arms.
New sounds in the voice script. Most are from the Necris male, but some are not.
Fixed some funny vertices on the knuckles.
Added higher resolution spikes to the first person hands.
Added some tweaks to the gibs and added some "guts" meshes.
Added a better, properly fitting physics assets ragdoll
Fixed the stomach vertices that distorted when in movement
Fixed the arms getting stuck in a wierd animation when idling

::::::::::
:: TODO ::
::::::::::

Create a custom faction and loading map.

:: LICENSE ::

Only to be downloaded by links posted by EvilEngine only, just for quality assurance. Do not download unknown software from anyone you do not know.
No site has been given permission to host this file other than EvilEngine.net,SkinCity and Epic's forums.
All future updates, patches, and additional bonus packs will only be available at http://www.evilengine.net/forum

:: THANKS ::

Thanks to everyone at my forum at http://www.evilengine.net/forum/ for helping with beta testing. Also folks at Epic's full forum for giving great feedback. Also special thanks to Mario, you know who you are. Thanks everyone, expect more goodies in the future based on Spawn.
:::::::::::::::::::::: EvilEngine ::::::::::::::::::::::

Download from Rapidshare:
http://rapidshare.de/files/38806753/UT3_Model_Spawn_1.52.zip.html
Thanks to Buffy for the pics:

Last edited:

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Now that EE has made this model practically pro level quality, giving these models even better sounds and gibs and now with the FP hands/forearms (the first custom model to have this all important feature) I'd say this model deserves to be front page news. You just don't see this quality with even the shipping models (these gibs blow the Epic gibs away). Anyway let's see how long it takes BU to acknowlege this user created content. ;)

Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
FP hands/forearms? Has the model been updated again? It seems like the 1.4 beta that I've been using doesn't pick up the hands in first person view.

The model is excellent. Despite the tights I prefer it to any of the male in-game characters.

Masakari

Jan 22, 2008
Nice work, although that specular is wayyyyy too overblown, most of his body is not metal and thus shouldn't be super glossy and shiny. But, like i said, nice work! :)

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
FP hands/forearms? Has the model been updated again? It seems like the 1.4 beta that I've been using doesn't pick up the hands in first person view.

The model is excellent. Despite the tights I prefer it to any of the male in-game characters.

Version 1.5 will be posted sometime tomorrow after the beta testers have reported any issues for EE to fix right before posting it as final model. Or this may be the second to last beta depending on how EE decides to treat the faction issue. But for the most part these will be the final version.