News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games > Unreal Tournament Series > Unreal Tournament 3

Old 17th Feb 2008, 02:13 PM   #41
hal
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafros View Post
Answer: Tough luck, they will not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobnugget View Post
Wrong. they delete, remove, and ignore your feedback EVEN IF you're not trying a be an, "asshat", as you say it. Post any criticism at all on epic forums, even without being an "asshat", i dare you. I'll be stunned if it even lasts an hour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by subset View Post
Hi,
here is a little example how well beloved WarTourist is doing his job.
Congratulations, all three of you, for missing the point of this thread. We're talking about these forums - not epic's forums. Click the link I left in the first post, read, and absorb.
Old 17th Feb 2008, 02:19 PM   #42
haslo
Moar Pie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
Congratulations, all three of you, for missing the point of this thread. We're talking about these forums - not epic's forums. Click the link I left in the first post, read, and absorb.
You know how it is, people read the title and skip the posts in order to add their own two cents - regardless if they have anything to do with the topic in the first place, or if what they have to say has been said a dozen times in the thread already
haslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2008, 04:29 PM   #43
subset
Nali Wardog

Quote:
Congratulations, all three of you, for missing the point of this thread.
Sorry, my fault.
But propaganda threads should be made clear.
With notes like "Advertisement, please act in a kindly manner"

"Free thought can`t be bought" States Of Mind - Senser

Cheers
subset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2008, 04:36 PM   #44
Fragger

Feedback and wishlist people

This topic is going nowhere again

Gr Fragger
Fragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2008, 04:57 PM   #45
Sir_Brizz
More Than Just Mad Skill

Quote:
Originally Posted by subset View Post
Sorry, my fault.
But propaganda threads should be made clear.
With notes like "Advertisement, please act in a kindly manner"

"Free thought can`t be bought" States Of Mind - Senser

Cheers
I'm glad you think this thread is propaganda. Maybe I'll get a paycheck from Epic for once.

Liandri Archives - A veritable smorgasbord of information about the Unreal series
If Titanic taught me anything, it's to never let go until you're a frozen corpse staring hopelessly into a barren horizon.
Sir_Brizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2008, 07:01 PM   #46
Noobnugget

Quote:
It's irrelevant which forums we're talking about, it could be here, their own, or some random ones one the other side of the world. The bottom line is they shun off pretty much any kind of feedback unless it's blindly praising them. You don't have to be a "Asshat" to be shunned off like they do, regardless of where.

And i read you're little "quote" just fine. All wartourist said was how quickly they go to ignoring the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haslo View Post
You know how it is, people read the title and skip the posts in order to add their own two cents - regardless if they have anything to do with the topic in the first place, or if what they have to say has been said a dozen times in the thread already
Lol.. kiss ass much?
Noobnugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2008, 07:34 PM   #47
BradG

Quote:
lol you can take a horse to water but you cant make it drink
BradG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2008, 07:36 PM   #48
BradG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobnugget View Post

Lol.. kiss ass much?
thats a bit intimate isnt it... do you want him to kiss your ass or somthing?
BradG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2008, 08:44 PM   #49
Jonathan

Cool

I think the 99% of my "complaints" about UT3 would be solved if,

(1) The post-processing could be tweaked similar to how UT2k4 was very tweakable, you could uncompress textures/lighting, tweak numerous features for performance or image quality, etc. Also, I think motion-blur should be an option. By default motion blur works in UnrealEd if playing a level without a UT3 prefix (i.e.-no DM-, CTF-, etc.).
(2) The language filter in the options actually worked.

Last edited by Jonathan; 17th Feb 2008 at 09:20 PM.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2008, 10:01 PM   #50
zynthetic
robot!

Perhaps hijacking a thread such as this to discuss frustration on another forum perfectly illustrates the actual problem.
Old 17th Feb 2008, 10:10 PM   #51
Phopojijo
A Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
(1) The post-processing could be tweaked similar to how UT2k4 was very tweakable, you could uncompress textures/lighting, tweak numerous features for performance or image quality, etc. Also, I think motion-blur should be an option. By default motion blur works in UnrealEd if playing a level without a UT3 prefix (i.e.-no DM-, CTF-, etc.).
The engines are very different... it's quite possible that for performance reasons -- several post-processing effects were daisy-chained and all clumped together.

Sometimes developers need to do stuff like that... assume you have one thing to speed up another... etc.
Phopojijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2008, 10:59 PM   #52
hal
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zynthetic View Post
Perhaps hijacking a thread such as this to discuss frustration on another forum perfectly illustrates the actual problem.
Zynthetic wins.

Guys, this thread isn't for actual feedback on the game. You can do that (good or bad) in any thread, provided you act like a reasonable person.

I'm also handing out a special award to Noobnugget who still doesn't get it, so I'll spell it out again to anyone still confused.

My original post in this thread is strictly addressing posting behavior on this forum. I linked to WarTourist's post that made it clear they read this forum as well... minus, of course, anyone acting like an idiot or just complaining about the same thing endlessly.

I do not care to discuss the way Epic runs its forums. If you've been banned there, you've had your chance to have your say and you blew it. If you were wrongfully banned in your opinion, well I'm sorry - we don't run that forum. If you come here and repeat your behavior then you'll just get ignored. If you want a chance to give feedback, then your only shot is to do it in a levelheaded way.

This forum is not a dumping ground for those with an axe to grind.
Old 17th Feb 2008, 11:02 PM   #53
Jonathan

Sorry Hal, thanks for the clarification.
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2008, 11:03 PM   #54
Phopojijo
A Loose Screw

Quote:
I do not care to discuss the way Epic runs its forums. If you've been banned there, you've had your chance to have your say and you blew it. If you were wrongfully banned in your opinion, well I'm sorry - we don't run that forum. If you come here and repeat your behavior then you'll just get ignored. If you want a chance to give feedback, then your only shot is to do it in a levelheaded way.
Actually should also mention that I've been warned at Epic's forum... I PM'd Flak explaining what I meant by the post that was warned... and he reversed it when he found out what I was really trying to say.

Mistakes happen -- try rationally discussing it.

Unless of course you were actually flaming and deserved it o.O' Can't help you there
Phopojijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2008, 11:43 PM   #55
Trynant
Manic Brawler

imho, stress on the h

My feedback about Unreal Tournament 3 is pretty generic (like the gameplay, don't like the menu, not enough people playing makes me not want to play, yadda yadda), so I feel like saying anything more would only exacerbate issues.

I'm actually more shocked and disappointed about the banning of people who post scathing but valid criticisms about Unreal Tournament 3 that aren't even posted on their website[/i]. IMO this does nothing but hurt the community's outlook on any company rather than help issues at hand. Also, some forumers who dislike the game actually have really well thought-out points to make that may actually improve the game if acted upon. Constructive criticism should not be rebuked simply because it comes with a sardonic tone.

Trynant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2008, 12:09 AM   #56
Anuban
Your reward is that you are still alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phopojijo View Post
Actually should also mention that I've been warned at Epic's forum... I PM'd Flak explaining what I meant by the post that was warned... and he reversed it when he found out what I was really trying to say.

Mistakes happen -- try rationally discussing it.

Unless of course you were actually flaming and deserved it o.O' Can't help you there
Flak is a female .. a blonde at that.
"That's nothing, we have even had WarTourist (Jeff Morris, the man responsible for killing UT, ie, producer of UT3) coming here, and noting the people who had bad things to say about Epic/UT3, checking their profiles, then going back to the official Epic forums, checking for matches in user names and profiles, then banning those people, lol, what a man!!, what a Company!!!, what a Game!!!!"

- Cliify_A
Anuban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2008, 12:24 AM   #57
Sir_Brizz
More Than Just Mad Skill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trynant View Post
My feedback about Unreal Tournament 3 is pretty generic (like the gameplay, don't like the menu, not enough people playing makes me not want to play, yadda yadda), so I feel like saying anything more would only exacerbate issues.

I'm actually more shocked and disappointed about the banning of people who post scathing but valid criticisms about Unreal Tournament 3 that aren't even posted on their website[/i]. IMO this does nothing but hurt the community's outlook on any company rather than help issues at hand. Also, some forumers who dislike the game actually have really well thought-out points to make that may actually improve the game if acted upon. Constructive criticism should not be rebuked simply because it comes with a sardonic tone.
It will be, though, because presentation is everything.

Do you think that if you had a big presentation at work and throughout the whole thing you were making digs at your boss about how poorly he was doing things and how terribly certain aspects of your job were handled that he would take you seriously? You'd be handily thrown out.

That's really no different than what happens here or on any other company's forums. Just because companies like 2k and GPG and Blizzard don't delete and ban like crazy doesn't mean they are actually paying attention to the people that act like that. For every person being a moron, there is a person to replace them who will make the same point in a more levelheaded way and get Epic to actually listen to their complaint. It makes perfectly logical sense.

Liandri Archives - A veritable smorgasbord of information about the Unreal series
If Titanic taught me anything, it's to never let go until you're a frozen corpse staring hopelessly into a barren horizon.
Sir_Brizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2008, 03:24 AM   #58
Lethargy
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
It will be, though, because presentation is everything.

Do you think that if you had a big presentation at work and throughout the whole thing you were making digs at your boss about how poorly he was doing things and how terribly certain aspects of your job were handled that he would take you seriously? You'd be handily thrown out.
That analogy may be a bit flawed. Epic should not be hierarchically above their players, the devs do not have the relationship of a boss and a worker. The developers of a game are not above the fans, and should not see themselves as such unless they want huge problems with their fanbase. They have jobs and do them the same as everyone else, their job just happens to be making the game. If Epic does see themselves as being above their fans, which some recent evidence points to, then it is THAT that is the real problem, above everything else. Not consolization, not rushed development, if that's the case, it'd be that they have let success go to their heads and simply think that they are so far above the community that there is no reason to listen to them if they find it unpleasant. I've pretty much given up on UT3, and am now pretty much only playing Audiosurf, and I'm finding it unbelievable how they interact with there community. They actually listen, and they actually care (outwardly, I'm not making conclusions on what's going on behind the scenes one way or the other). I forgot developers could be like that.

Last edited by Lethargy; 18th Feb 2008 at 03:28 AM.
Lethargy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2008, 06:18 AM   #59
BobTheBeheader

Quote:
It's been a few months now and I think the time has come to realize that constant negativity is choking the forum like weeds and is doing nothing to move us all forward.
Finally a voice of reason. Maybe now I'll venture back into the UT3 forums...
BobTheBeheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2008, 06:29 AM   #60
BobTheBeheader

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedroidicusPrime View Post
@Hal
Yeah, it seems like since the crash there is nothing but flamin trolls on here anymore. You go from one post that is like 2 years old talking about how much the person is looking forward to it, and then right next to it is a new one flaming about something. Kinda funny, really disorienting.
I find it funny, how after that totally reasonable post Hal makes, pleading with people to be serious and take the ranting and whining elsewhere, you go right ahead and continue the little tradition, trolling away. Looks like you caught Brizz in it... good job.
BobTheBeheader is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feedback