News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games

Old 3rd Aug 2009, 02:58 AM   #1801
T2A`
I'm dead.

When my Internet is extremely f**ked up it takes CoD4 forever to launch. Not 5-7 minutes but at least 1-2. Been having connection problems lately?
T2A` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 03:39 AM   #1802
Sjosz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Got back into playing this earlier today after a 6+ month hiatus (they're starting a weekly session up at work), and although I'm sure this is not news to anyone who has been playing it the past half year, I was baffled at how I filter-searched for partially filled non-hardcore, non-passworded servers, and with 20000 servers found none that matched the filter.
I never quite understood the drama involved with people using grenade launchers before playing this afternoon's session of hardcore, and I was immediately appalled at the frustration it invokes. I hope they're not deciding on hardcore at work :/
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 10:01 AM   #1803
T2A`
I'm dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjosz View Post
Got back into playing this earlier today after a 6+ month hiatus (they're starting a weekly session up at work), and although I'm sure this is not news to anyone who has been playing it the past half year, I was baffled at how I filter-searched for partially filled non-hardcore, non-passworded servers, and with 20000 servers found none that matched the filter.
I think there is and always has been something wrong with the server browser, to be honest. Try browsing through Xfire to find more results. Of course, you can't filter things as well so maybe that's just as useless.

Quote:
I never quite understood the drama involved with people using grenade launchers before playing this afternoon's session of hardcore, and I was immediately appalled at the frustration it invokes. I hope they're not deciding on hardcore at work :/
The tube is only a problem in hardcore. It's a minor inconvenience in normal mode (don't listen to "Killer") but in hardcore it becomes incredibly overpowered. In normal mode its kill radius is rather small (half that or so of a regular grenade) but in hardcore it kills in a huge radius. That radius coupled with its speed means you can't avoid it. If someone wants to kill you with it they will.

It's been ages since I played a hardcore match but I enjoyed using the tube in HQ games. Whenever everyone's camped around a capture point the overpowered tube racks up kills like crazy.
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 11:20 AM   #1804
SlayerDragon
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES

Oh, I guess I didn't think about hardcore, but that's okay because hardcore is terrible and people who play it because it's "realistic" are annoying as hell.

Sjosz, it's likely the server browser just broke at that point. Mine breaks all the time and I have to restart the game to get it to work again, sometimes I even have to restart a few times. If I hit the refresh button on it, it will usually break. It's so stupid. You'd think with all this great technology you could come up with a working god damn server browser, but a lot of games **** this up lately.
  \_/|/\__/  \/ |__/ \__/  \/
    /|         /|  
    \|         \|
SlayerDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 12:17 PM   #1805
Sjosz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerDragon View Post
Oh, I guess I didn't think about hardcore, but that's okay because hardcore is terrible and people who play it because it's "realistic" are annoying as hell.

Sjosz, it's likely the server browser just broke at that point. Mine breaks all the time and I have to restart the game to get it to work again, sometimes I even have to restart a few times. If I hit the refresh button on it, it will usually break. It's so stupid. You'd think with all this great technology you could come up with a working god damn server browser, but a lot of games **** this up lately.
So, with the server browser, what is the deal with there being no apparent friends list or anything? I've looked but there doesn't seem to be such functionality.
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 12:39 PM   #1806
Kantham
Fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2A` View Post
When my Internet is extremely f**ked up it takes CoD4 forever to launch. Not 5-7 minutes but at least 1-2. Been having connection problems lately?
Not at all.
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 01:56 PM   #1807
SlayerDragon
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES

Quote:
So, with the server browser, what is the deal with there being no apparent friends list or anything? I've looked but there doesn't seem to be such functionality.
Yup, no friends list. You'll have to use XFire or ask your friend for the IP on voice chat or something. It sucks. This is one of the things I was speaking of when I was complaining about the server browser. It's 2009, people, these are basic features!
    /|         /|  
    \|         \|
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 03:14 PM   #1808
Capt.Toilet
Good news everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerDragon View Post
It's 2009, people, these are basic features!
Game came out in 2007 /sarcasm
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 04:40 PM   #1809
KaL976
*nubcake*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Toilet View Post
Game came out in 2007 /sarcasm
Just like you

The server browser has always been beyond a joke, much like pub HQ MP.
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 06:05 PM   #1810
(GR)Killer

Quote:
I think there is and always has been something wrong with the server browser, to be honest. Try browsing through Xfire to find more results. Of course, you can't filter things as well so maybe that's just as useless.

The tube is only a problem in hardcore. It's a minor inconvenience in normal mode (don't listen to "Killer") but in hardcore it becomes incredibly overpowered. In normal mode its kill radius is rather small (half that or so of a regular grenade) but in hardcore it kills in a huge radius. That radius coupled with its speed means you can't avoid it. If someone wants to kill you with it they will.

It's been ages since I played a hardcore match but I enjoyed using the tube in HQ games. Whenever everyone's camped around a capture point the overpowered tube racks up kills like crazy.
****in right it's overpowered, any idiot can do great with it and take out 6 guys every time. Or when on count down as you start the game you die INSTANTLY because some ******* wants to make his e-penis that much bigger. I only play HC now if my aim fails me in normal mode, which is not that often, or i want a break. I still do fine in normal mode (2-1 or 3-1 ratios) if i am not tripple teamed. I use SMG's or the AK47 mixed with the Carbine.

Last edited by (GR)Killer; 3rd Aug 2009 at 06:06 PM.
(GR)Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 06:14 PM   #1811
Kantham
Fool.

Ooooookay so I take it everyone else just double click the exe and their game load in like 20 seconds which is entirely normal. What the hell is wrong with my COD4?
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 06:25 PM   #1812
Sjosz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Sorry Kantham, mine takes like 10 seconds to load up
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 06:35 PM   #1813
T2A`
I'm dead.

You said you backed up your profiles... Did you put them right back when you reinstalled? In other words, did you try running the game completely fresh? I remember whenever UT2004 f**ked up it was usually just a matter of letting the game produce new UT2004/User.ini files and it was fixed. Maybe you need to let CoD4 do the same but for your profiles.

Also, you run the game through Steam, right? Maybe that has something to do with it. D:
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 06:40 PM   #1814
Kantham
Fool.

Quote:
You said you backed up your profiles... Did you put them right back when you reinstalled?
Not from what I recall. What I did try is to backup my profile first, then see if that was the problem, when I saw the problem persisted I decided to try a re-install, and deleted all the remaining files before re-installing just to make it really clean.

Quote:
Also, you run the game through Steam, right?
Yes.

Quote:
Maybe that has something to do with it. D:
Maybe. But then this started a little while back, everything was fine before.
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 07:56 PM   #1815
KaL976
*nubcake*

maybe it's because you're canadian*

think about that you syrup sucking puck slapper.

*not including zero & i guess if you put a gun to my head nereid :P
Old 3rd Aug 2009, 10:13 PM   #1816
(GR)Killer

Son of a bitch, can't keep a 4-1 ratio, or even my 5-1 ratio, i gotta have a suck streak at the end. Finally ended my suck streak and had a 4-1 and 5-1 ratio almost all map and end up with a lousy 2-1.

26-5 on Creek, ended 37-17 or around there.

Last edited by (GR)Killer; 3rd Aug 2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 4th Aug 2009, 12:37 AM   #1817
T2A`
I'm dead.

Nobody cares. Seriously.
Old 4th Aug 2009, 01:04 AM   #1818
(GR)Killer

Quote:
Nobody cares. Seriously.
So ignore it, i am ranting and if i cared what anyone thought i would not still be doing it.

You don't like it then **** off.

Last edited by (GR)Killer; 4th Aug 2009 at 01:06 AM.
Old 4th Aug 2009, 09:22 AM   #1819
SlayerDragon
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES

Quote:
Nobody cares. Seriously.
    /|         /|  
    \|         \|
Old 4th Aug 2009, 11:34 AM   #1820
Balton
The Beast of Worship

Quote:
Nobody cares. Seriously.
But I care!

Today I found a server where people are actually enforcing the rules... and then I got to witness an aimbot in action. Fun fun fun... so who'll bet money on them fixing all this stuff in MW2? I'm not that optimistic.

"God made Hitler and Saddam!!! Not schnitzel and the bomb!!!"
- oosyxxx
Balton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
(gr)killer is mad at kill ratios, cool tags bro, i doubt you could ever get a p90, kantham is about to break, kantham is just mad, kantham is mad at anonymity, kantham is mad at irc pals, kantham is mad at tag writers, kantham is mad at thread tags, kantham is mad at video games, kantham is sad at trollish tags, kantham loves limp bizkit, kill the non-believers!, slayerdragon < saintalvis, slayerdragon appreciation station, tag writer is mad at internets thread, tag writer is mad at kantham :(, these tags suck