News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games

Old 7th Feb 2008, 11:45 PM   #121
FPS.HeadShot
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2A` View Post
Seriously. There's more people talking good about COD4 than UT3 on this forum!
thats because its better than ut3, ut3 is kinda lame its fun dont get me worng but after about 5 matches im done cant play no more, and i either go back to ut2004 lol or cod4!

cod4 is a great game, cant wait for ctf, maps, mods, ext
FPS.HeadShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2008, 05:37 AM   #122
Jrubzjeknf
Registered Coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantham View Post
I prefer fast paced action than camping behind some boxes.
It's all a matter of preference. Personally I play this game like playing Metal Gear Solid: hide, sneak, kill while not being seen and when the green HQ symbol starts flashing, I detonate my C4 sticked onto the ceiling. Did you know that behind the laptop against the wall is a really good place to hide it?
Jrubzjeknf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2008, 09:48 AM   #123
FPS.HeadShot
Banned

lol @ http://www.escapistmagazine.com/arti...Call-of-Duty-4
FPS.HeadShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2008, 09:49 AM   #124
Gundato
Wangosaurus Rex

I am reaching my quota for "angry rants at ****ing idiots" for the week, so I will just say this:

Read the god damned thread.

Against stupidity, the very gods themselves contend in vain. - Freidrich Schiller
Gundato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2008, 10:04 AM   #125
Kantham
Fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrubzjeknf View Post
Personally I play this game like playing Metal Gear Solid: hide, sneak, kill while not being seen ...
I don't want to break your bubble but that's not really something doable. Unless you play against a bunch of new players, I find it extremely hard to not be spotted. Unless you camp behind a wall with UAV scan jammer and a silencer attached, you will always end up getting spotted no matter what you do or did.

So what I do here is, Sprint and flank the enemy with my P90, yes, run and shot at strategic flank positions from noisy enemies on my GPS, what I can't do in HC because the GPS is teh gone unless some campers gets 3 kill streak and press 6. HC also force you to be quiet, I don't want to stay crouched all the damn game, I want action. I am actually surprised to see that most of the UT players here prefer HC over the normal gameplay, I miserably fail to understand that logic.

I don't care if I am going to get killed because I get a good amount of kills anyway. I had 10 kill streak weapon-only in 20 seconds yesterday. It was a heart pumping moment. Never one does that in HC right? Again, unless you're playing against nubs. Like the ones that keep blocking the door frame until a enemy grenade gets both you and him killed. Gotta love em...

Last edited by Kantham; 8th Feb 2008 at 10:15 AM.
Kantham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2008, 10:07 AM   #126
Balton
The Beast of Worship

Quote:
I don't want to break your bubble but that's not really something doable. Unless you play agaist a bunch of new players, I find it extremely hard to not be spoted. Unless you camp behind a wall with UAV scan jammer and a silencer attached, you will always end up getting spotted no matter what you do or did.

Well, even if you camp behind the wall they will start to notice, so what most players would do it just to change side of the wall, and look at all the nade spam going at his previous location, lol a little, wait for the guy to show up and kill him.
oh shut up and have some cheese ( ), we got it a couple of pages ago. you dont like cod4.

"God made Hitler and Saddam!!! Not schnitzel and the bomb!!!"
- oosyxxx
Balton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2008, 10:16 AM   #127
Kantham
Fool.

No you shut up. ( )
You don't even have the game.

Also, you missed my point, and my post got edited.
Old 8th Feb 2008, 10:35 AM   #128
hal
Dictator

Kantham, try UAV Jammer and Dead Silence with a silenced weapon on a Hardcore server. Particularly a map that encourages sniping. You'll have plenty of opportunities to sneak up on people.
Old 8th Feb 2008, 10:58 AM   #129
Balton
The Beast of Worship

Quote:
No you shut up. ( )
You don't even have the game.

Also, you missed my point, and my post got edited.
I've got it for the x360. all I need is my 4th controller to arrive and batteries for the wireless controllers. Ofcourse that's all assuming, that my bawks
is not going to die soon(its been acting weird last time I played).

"God made Hitler and Saddam!!! Not schnitzel and the bomb!!!"
- oosyxxx
Balton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2008, 03:00 PM   #130
Rambowjo
Das Protoss

Ok, I just finished the single-player campaign. I have one thing to say: Wow

I'm so excited for CoD5! If the SP (if there's any) is just half as good, it'll be awesome. CoD4 is probably the best sp game I've ever played, and untop of that, it's one of the best mp games too.

I'd say CoD4 is the best game of this decade, so far.
Old 8th Feb 2008, 03:08 PM   #131
Gundato
Wangosaurus Rex

From what I understand, CoD5 is going to be by the CoD3 people. So stay the **** away from it.

Infinity Ward will be working on CoD6.

Against stupidity, the very gods themselves contend in vain. - Freidrich Schiller
Old 8th Feb 2008, 03:10 PM   #132
Rambowjo
Das Protoss

Ah ok yes, heard that CoD3 pretty much sucked balls, so that's a good idea. I kinda feared that
Old 8th Feb 2008, 03:24 PM   #133
Jrubzjeknf
Registered Coder

Quote:
I don't want to break your bubble but that's not really something doable. Unless you play against a bunch of new players, I find it extremely hard to not be spotted. Unless you camp behind a wall with UAV scan jammer and a silencer attached, you will always end up getting spotted no matter what you do or did.
Guess what I use?

Quote:
I am actually surprised to see that most of the UT players here prefer HC over the normal gameplay, I miserably fail to understand that logic.
Is it? In UT2004 VCTF, I wasn't a die hard killer spreeing at every life or trying to do so. I was a runner, trying to tactically go around the enemy team and mislead them, to end up with an advantage that doesn't consist out of fire power or health. Here, this is translated to sneaking behind the enemy and stabbing their neck, and sticking C4 underneath little tables.

Last edited by Jrubzjeknf; 10th Feb 2008 at 04:34 PM.
Jrubzjeknf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2008, 03:37 PM   #134
Rambowjo
Das Protoss

I liked HC at first, but now I've start training non-HC, because that generally makes you a better player, than HC would.

Also, non-HC more 'realistic' for 1on1s, because it's doesn't depend on who shoots first, but who's got the best aim, and the best selection of weapons.
By the way, I like stealth kits too. Kantham, try it!

M4 carbine + silencer
Deagle (Desert Eagle)

Perk 1: Claymores/bandolier
Perk 2: UAV Jammer
Perk 3: Dead Silence

Generally on HC servers, dead silence is not THAT important, since there is no minimap. However, silencer and UAV jammer are essencial. Perk 1 doesn't really matter that much, though I prefer the two aforementioned.

When I first tested this kit, I got kicked from a server for spawnraping, even though I was advancing towards an HQ. Going behind the lines and kicking everybody's ass, now THAT'S fun.

Last edited by Rambowjo; 8th Feb 2008 at 03:39 PM.
Rambowjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2008, 03:45 PM   #135
Gundato
Wangosaurus Rex

Well, new content is confirmed for CoD4. What does that mean? I have no ****ing idea.

Old 8th Feb 2008, 03:48 PM   #136
Kantham
Fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_gundam_war View Post
Well, new content is confirmed for CoD4. What does that mean? I have no ****ing idea.
It means there will be new content for the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrubzjeknf View Post
... and sticking C4 underneath little tables.
If everyone would play like that, no one would move. Unless you're playing Headquarters, in that particular case it gets different.

Last edited by Kantham; 8th Feb 2008 at 03:50 PM.
Kantham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Feb 2008, 03:52 PM   #137
Gundato
Wangosaurus Rex

Define content:
A new gun or two?
A new MP map?
An SP mini-expansion packy thing?

And also, is it XBOX only, or will the PC get it?

Hence: No ****ing idea

Old 8th Feb 2008, 04:07 PM   #138
Rambowjo
Das Protoss

They can't really expand on the current SP story, though some cool psyco extra missions like the bonus mission would be cool.

Perhaps a few maps. And no, not revamped versions, like Wintercrash, but actual new maps. Maybe take some of the maps in SP, that weren't used in MP
Old 8th Feb 2008, 04:13 PM   #139
Nines
With Rage Alive

I'm hoping mainly for new maps. New guns and perks should come in a future expansion, imo.
Old 8th Feb 2008, 04:16 PM   #140
Gundato
Wangosaurus Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambowjo View Post
They can't really expand on the current SP story, though some cool psyco extra missions like the bonus mission would be cool.
Be the other team at the missile silo (the ones who infiltrated after Soap turned off the power).

Be one of the snipers

Hell, a few more generic USMC missions (before the nuke, obviously ) would do wonders.

Tags
(gr)killer is mad at kill ratios, cool tags bro, i doubt you could ever get a p90, kantham is about to break, kantham is just mad, kantham is mad at anonymity, kantham is mad at irc pals, kantham is mad at tag writers, kantham is mad at thread tags, kantham is mad at video games, kantham is sad at trollish tags, kantham loves limp bizkit, kill the non-believers!, slayerdragon < saintalvis, slayerdragon appreciation station, tag writer is mad at internets thread, tag writer is mad at kantham :(, these tags suck