News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > News & Articles

Old 28th Apr 2006, 11:47 AM   #1
hal
Dictator

DM-1on1-Reverse, DM-Parish Released

A couple of new notable map releases: DM-Parish from Steve 'Luv_Studd' Keene and Vern 'cUnNiNg StUnTs' Anderson (tex from Rog and Hourences) is a new release with lots of trick jumps and plenty of clean lines. DM-1on1-Reverse from Philipp 'Soma' Urlich has been in beta testing for some time and emerges with a couple of important item placement tweaks.

Old 28th Apr 2006, 12:44 PM   #2
Defeat
GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO

>I played Reversed and i really liked it, it's really good for dodging around off the walls. The only thing i may have liked a little better was if the 100a area couldn't be dodged out of, as in the curved walls but that could come to pass as i play it more. All you people with the 1v1 servers should get this map on them.

Q3A kill message: HAY YOU JUST KILLED SOMEONE, HAVE FUN BEING KILLED NOW SINCE THIS MESSAGE IS HUGE

DRW-Nemesis|away> just wait for it 2 more months, and even x6 wouldn't able to beat the best TAM teams
Defeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Apr 2006, 09:00 PM   #3
T2A`
I'm dead.

Reverse is pretty good and so is Parish. Both are the type of map I like - minimal amount of meshes with a good, smaller scale. Parish's scale is perfect, IMO. I didn't like two things about it, though. One, all the powerups are on the upper level rather than more risky points of contention. For example, I'd rather see the keg on the lower level in the same corner. Second, the fact that you can get up on the roof part isn't good since it promotes camping severely. That said, I was pleasantly surprised with the size of this map after his last one, DM-TheOnion. The scale on that map is pretty horrible, and to see something completely different in his next map is awesome.
T2A` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Apr 2006, 12:42 AM   #4
hal
Dictator

Actually, I think his last map was UCMP2-Churn. A nice flakky little map with stunning good looks.
Old 30th Apr 2006, 01:00 AM   #5
Kantham
Fool.

LMAO.

I am in the beta tester list for DM-Parish. Actualy, i never played the map, i just posted "This map looks really nice"- like. But thanks. okays!
Old 30th Apr 2006, 01:46 AM   #6
T2A`
I'm dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal
Actually, I think his last map was UCMP2-Churn. A nice flakky little map with stunning good looks.
Oh yeah. I forgot about that one since I don't have UCMP2 installed. The scale on that one didn't feel too good though; felt too small then. Parish is the balance between TheOnion and Churn, I guess.
T2A` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Apr 2006, 03:05 AM   #7
virgo47
Waiting for next UT

I can agree with Onion, that was big. I have no problem with smaller Churn - in fact I love that map with its curvaceous slopes and the layout going from 1 to 4 floors. ;-) Churn has not traditional layout thou, because it relies on liftjumps for some places, etc.

OK, Parish. Textures applied in really nice manner, size is really right for various jumps. I don't exactly like the top floor (only lift-jumps and too large). (OK, now I said contradiction with liftjumps, but somewhere I like it, somewhere I want also another way. Parish is more traditional when it comes to connectivity then Churn, which was acrobatic map for me, that's why.)
virgo47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2006, 01:59 AM   #8
Manticore
Official BUF Birthday Spammer

There both good maps in my opinion. Parish has some great z-axis. Well done.
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote