FHI install question...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

bobmc

Jan 19, 2006
Hi and great mod btw.
I'm trying to install FHIv4 on a UT server I rented through Clanservers.com and i'm having one hell'va time with it. I followed the install instructions that came with the mod but for some reason it won't work for me.

The path to my UT2004 folder is /ut2k4/209.246.142.73:7777/ and I have FHI installed here at /ut2k4/209.2465.142.73:7777/FHIv4/ Is it in the right place? I also have access to a commandline file that I can supposedly use to make changes to my server like and mods and such. It's called "mlds.sh" and this is what it looks like originally:

#!/bin/bash

echo "mlds.sh: Game for Account XXXXXX Starting Up"

GAME_IP=209.246.142.73
GAME_PORT=7777
ACCTID=XXXXXX
GAME_HOME=/usr/local/games/ut2k4/XXXXXX/209.246.142.73:7777
SLOTS=20

cd $GAME_HOME
echo "mlds.sh: Game loop initializing..."

while true
do
echo "mlds.sh: To exit loop hit CTRL-C"
sleep 5
echo "mlds.sh: Starting Server"
cd System;./ucc-bin server CTF-FaceClassic?game=XGame.xCTFGame?MaxPlayers=$SLOTS ini=ut2004.ini multihome=${GAME_IP} port=${GAME_PORT} -nohomedir;cd ..
echo "mlds.sh: Server Exited"
echo "mlds.sh: To exit loop hit CTRL-C"
echo "mlds.sh: Sleeping for 15 seconds"
sleep 15
echo "mlds.sh: Loop Restarting now"
done

I changed the ucc-bin server line to look like this:

cd System;./ucc-bin server FHI-GreenTower?gametype=FHI.FHI -mod=FHIv4?MaxPlayers=$SLOTS ini=ut2004.ini multihome=${GAME_IP} port=${GAME_PORT} -nohomedir;cd ..

and like this:

cd System;./ucc-bin server -mod=FHIv4?MaxPlayers=$SLOTS ini=ut2004.ini multihome=${GAME_IP} port=${GAME_PORT} -nohomedir;cd ..

but the server only crashes when I restart it after altering the mlds.sh file. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this great mod to work online for me?

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
bobmc said:
I have FHI installed here at /ut2k4/209.2465.142.73:7777/FHIv4/

I hope that is a typo in the post, if not then I imagine that's not helping. :)

It's too late (here in the UK at any rate) to analyse your command line in detail but I have attached my ut2004 start script (which has examples of std dm starts & fhi starts and is a .txt to satisfy the demands of the forum software only) and I hope that might help.

It might be helpful to post a section of the crash log as well.

Attachments

• ut2004.txt
    5 KB · Views: 10

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
bobmc said:
cd System;./ucc-bin server FHI-GreenTower?gametype=FHI.FHI -mod=FHIv4?MaxPlayers=$SLOTS ini=ut2004.ini multihome=${GAME_IP} port=${GAME_PORT} -nohomedir;cd ..

Should look like this:

cd System;./ucc-bin server FHI-GreenTower?gametype=FHI.FHI?MaxPlayers=$SLOTS -mod=FHIv4 ini=ut2004.ini multihome=${GAME_IP} port=${GAME_PORT} -nohomedir;cd ..

That is, MaxPlayers comes after gametype, not after mod

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Parser said:
Yeah, try putting the -mod switch at the very end of the command line. Where you have it now, the server is probably not launching through the mod structure and is probably not reading all of the settings after the mod parameter!

-mod is probably OK where it is - I should have explained - I tested the following and it works on SL4.2 (effectively RHEL 4.2):

#!/bin/bash

prog="ucc-bin"

echo -n $"Starting $prog: "
cd /usr/local/games/ut2004/System
su ut2004 -c "./ucc-bin server FHI-GreenTower?gametype=FHI.FHI?MaxPlayers=4 -mod=FHIv4 ini=ut2004.ini -nohomedir 2>&1 >/var/ut2004/ut2004$(date --iso-8601=minutes|tr '\:' '_'|tr '\+' '_').log"&
echo

bobmc

Jan 19, 2006
OK i'll try that revised line Monkey and i'll post back here and let you know how I made out, thanks :)

bobmc

Jan 19, 2006
It still won't work. Am I supposed to add anything to any UT folder besides the FHIv4 folder or add a line or two to the UT2004.ini file?

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
bobmc said:
It still won't work. Am I supposed to add anything to any UT folder besides the FHIv4 folder or add a line or two to the UT2004.ini file?

Things to try:

• You need to post the log output (with supress disabled for everything :() so we can see what is happening.
  • Check that you don't have any files with spaces in their name anywhere in the FHIv4 folder. That might cause ucc-bin to cough.
  • Check to see if any ucl files for the FHI maps have been created. If some have then there might be an issue with one of the maps
  • Try Parser's suggestion of moving the -mod command around on the command line. I didn't need it for my system but maybe there is something different on your system.
  • Verify that the server is running at v355 or better. There have been issues (in general) reported with unpatched systems

bobmc

Jan 19, 2006
Thank You very much for the help. I think I got it working. I was trying to see if the server was working through the regular UT2004 web admin and everytime I did I couldn't see it. It showed "page cannot be found" instead. So I tried jumping on the server for the heck of it instead and there it was showinf FHIv4 in my server browser.

So is there a way to adminster the server through the web admin or no?

Again, Thanks for your help it is much appreciated.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
bobmc said:
I think I got it working....
So is there a way to adminster the server through the web admin or no?
Good to hear.

The short answer is that FHi supports the web admin.

The long answer (and here we move firmly into the realms of guesswork) is that because you seem to be in a shared server environment it is possible that you have to run your web admin port somewhere other than port 80. Could it be that FHI is not be picking up the port that you have set in ut2004.ini and reverting to port 80?

I notice in my server set-up that the port is set in FHIv4.ini to the non-standard port that I use but I can't remember if that is because it inherited the port from ut2004.ini or because I set it manually - worth a check.

You could try finding the web admin port by running ucc-bin and once it is possible to enter the game (ucc-bin won't respond to the web admin before that) trying:

netstat -nlp|grep -i 'ucc'

from the bash prompt to see which ports your ucc-bin is listening on. One of those (a tcp not a udp port) will be the port that web admin is running on (this assumes that the server operator allows you access to basic utilities - it is possible that the server is so locked down so that you can't do that but normally netstat will let you see details for the processes that you own)

bobmc

Jan 19, 2006
OK I got everything working... sort of. I can't seem to get the Monster Manager config window to showup in the web admin window like it ous to. I added it to the FHIv4.ini and it's visable in the mutator list as a choice but it doesn't showup in the "default" web admin page where you use it to make wave configs. Anyone have any suggestions?

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
bobmc said:
OK I got everything working... sort of. I can't seem to get the Monster Manager config window to showup in the web admin window like it ous to. I added it to the FHIv4.ini and it's visable in the mutator list as a choice but it doesn't showup in the "default" web admin page where you use it to make wave configs. Anyone have any suggestions?
I don't use MonsterManager so I can't help you there. I think LightBringer uses it - perhaps he could help?