BSEMapVote 0.5 Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

EQ²

Code Monkey
Oct 30, 2004
Near Birmingham, UK
www.teambse.co.uk
Sorry this has taken a while, but the new improved MapVote is now available for download. I have added the following features since 0.4:
  1. New, improved graphical interface, graphical configuration menu as well
  2. Time delay between votes, and after joining the game (to stop vote-spamming)
  3. Maximum number of votes imposed (to stop vote-spamming)
  4. A choice of poll styles, to make it less intrusive for players using lower resolutions
  5. WebAdmin Module, to help server admins change settings more easily
  6. Admin-configurable Message Of The Day - admins can set the text, colour and duration of the MOTD.
  7. Improved map downloading for admin users - maplist is now downloaded more slowly and is cached by the client.
Downloading/Installing
The new package is available here. It is available both zipped and as separate files. For installation and usage instructions please first consult the readme.txt.

Notes
This is still remaining alpha for a reason. Please report bugs to me via e-mail and I shall attempt to rectify the problems as quickly as I can. Continued testing and bug-reporting will make it more stable, I can also add the features that you want.

Screenshots (Click to enlarge)

New graphical MapVote interface

New poll style: "small"

Graphical configuration screen

WebAdmin screen

Skatcher

Aug 4, 2004
nice!
just a quick question, can you make all polls that small? that is such an improvement over the usual "all over your face" poll

EQ²

Code Monkey
Oct 30, 2004
Near Birmingham, UK
www.teambse.co.uk
garbage said:
looks nice eq, i think i'd better try it soon :)
It's on my server, and now on the BBF server by the looks of it :)
Skatcher said:
nice!
just a quick question, can you make all polls that small? that is such an improvement over the usual "all over your face" poll
Quite likely yes, haven't really looked at it. At the moment I hook into the vote functionality to add the map vote, but I could over-ride it completely so that all polls are displayed in the style you choose. (/me adds to wish-list for next version)

Last edited:

CrazyLittleOne

Mar 27, 2004
Skatcher said:
nice!

I'm almost positive that the size of the polls can be changed through the ui files. I will dig through them and maybe post what I find.

EQ²

Code Monkey
Oct 30, 2004
Near Birmingham, UK
www.teambse.co.uk
}Bb{Kirby said:
Skatcher said:
nice!
I'm almost positive that the size of the polls can be changed through the ui files. I will dig through them and maybe post what I find.
Sorry, I thought he meant, move them to the left of the screen as well. Changing the size is easy, just open the file U2HUD.int in your XMP system directory and find the line:

KickFont=SubTFonts.EE16

put a semicolon in front of KickVote and add a new line below so it looks like this:

;KickFont=SubTFonts.EE16
KickFont=HUD_Fonts.EuroExt14

Job done!

If you want a mod to relocate it down the bottom that will require a .ui file edit. I can do that if you like.

Skatcher

Aug 4, 2004
if it isnt too much work it'd be better to have it on the corner, but smaller is also an improvement.
if it takes more than 10 mins dont bother

EQ²

Code Monkey
Oct 30, 2004
Near Birmingham, UK
www.teambse.co.uk
Skatcher said:
if it isnt too much work it'd be better to have it on the corner, but smaller is also an improvement.
if it takes more than 10 mins dont bother
Well it took about 2 in the end (plus a couple more to make sure I'd got it right :cool:); in fact it's probably going to take longer to write this post.

The changes required are in the U2HUD.UI file. If you have not modified this file from the default, you can simply download the version with the mods already done from: http://files.aybab2u.com/u2xmp/uiscripts/smallvotes/U2HUD.ui

If you have changed this file in any way then you'll have to make the changes by hand:

1. Open the file U2HUD.ui using a text editor
  2. Locate the section that begins
    Code:
    [PollRequest]
    Class=TileContainer
    Vertical=true
    FixedSpacing=16
    Component=TileContainer
    	Horizontal=true
  3. Delete the whole section, right down to just above the line
    Code:
    [PollThanks]
  4. Download the file: http://files.aybab2u.com/u2xmp/uiscripts/smallvotes/SmallPollRequest.txt and paste the text into the space you just created. Ensure that you preserve the tabs and line breaks exactly as they are.
  5. Save the file.
  6. Enjoy your lovely small, inconspicuous polls.
NB: I've done this so that it doesn't require the mod to U2HUD.int specified above. So if you haven't already done it, don't bother. Just do this.

Skatcher

Aug 4, 2004
worked, thx
you wouldnt belive how long it took me to realize that file wasnt in the system folder :/

Killinya

[BBF]Killinya
Feb 2, 2004
has anyone experienced the server hanging at the end of the map if everyone leaves, while using mapvote, and getting connection failed if they try to enter, even if it appears the server is up?