UT2004 Mega Pack Overview

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net
OK, let's start with a bad thing... remember how something in Backspace/Solitude shut down linux dedicated server when another map was going to be loaded? So now try DM-GoopGod ;-)))... I tried it just randomly to see how my server with 3369.1 works with new maps and... it crashes when I switched to another map after GoopGod. Is it some emiter again? :-))) I did not try another maps (it was late night already)... but you bet I will. ;-)

Pity... in an official release. :)

Acatana is the only map starting in space I like... because it has some balance other space combats don't have (with bots mainly). Mothership is real pain, I'm the only one completing objectives, JumpShip is better. But opponents bots are always somehow better (no matter their difficulty). Acatana is different - space combat is refreshing and open enough - no pain, no landing, nice. Yesterday I had a problem with defenders spaceship - tooooo low sensitivity (no problem as an attacker) - I nearly pushed full glass of tonic out of my table - it was standing not so close to my fatality pad - that's bad. ;-) But I will check if there is not some error in my ini for human spacecraft.

PS: otherwise it is nice that Epic is thinking of us. :)

Last edited:

h0ok

Sep 21, 2005
www.plogfors.com
"The system has recovered from a serious error"

Got my first SUPER crash on unreal for about 4 years, On the map AS-BP2-Outback.
A big big blue screen, the sound got distorted and then a blue screen. I just entered a vehicle on the map................

Critical error sure, but a blue screen!!! WTF

Funktion

Nov 16, 2004
Wasn't this Mega Pack supposed to include the latest patch?
For some reason with a clean install of UT2004 + the Mega Pack I can't install lots of umod stuff (like the CBP's) because it says I'm using version 1 of the game...

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
The installer is seriously ****ed up. The Megapack's bersion is 1, but internally it installs as "Unreal Tournament 2004", thus overriding the UT2004 version number.
Not to mention you cannot uninstall the Megapack without completely removing UT2004.

Suggestion for the version problem: Open Manifest.ini in your UT2004\System directory and correct the version number.

Last edited:

Random Elite

Put your feet up and frag.
Jul 9, 2005
Earth
Too many problems to make it sound worth it. The hell with this.

I hope that Assult space mission on UT200x HQ, want to have a shot at that.

Beerzebub

Oct 19, 2005
Bulgaria
LOL
I had no problems with the instalation... I had already patched the game to v3369, then I just applied the Mega Pack.

EDIT: I missread the Wormbo's post... Sorry! :eek:

Last edited:

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
A smaller download that doesn't include the patch and ECE content would be nice. I already have both of those downloaded and really don't want to waste time and bandwidth downloading about 95mb of content I already have.

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
Radiosity said:
A smaller download that doesn't include the patch and ECE content would be nice. I already have both of those downloaded and really don't want to waste time and bandwidth downloading about 95mb of content I already have.

Iceboy put up a link in another thread for this same pack! ask him where it is cause i can't find the thread!

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Apparently one of the maps has a severe server crash bug that causes the server to crash either when swithing to or from that map (sorry, can't remember details now, it's late and brain hurts). I believe it was one of the retails though, not a community map that epic bought for the pack. Not good really, leaving in super-sized issues like that.

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net
Radiosity said:
Apparently one of the maps has a severe server crash bug that causes the server to crash either when swithing to or from that map (sorry, can't remember details now, it's late and brain hurts). I believe it was one of the retails though, not a community map that epic bought for the pack. Not good really, leaving in super-sized issues like that.

Yeah - the same problem as old Backspace/Solitude had, Waisten had - see this discussion http://www.unrealnorth.com/news.php?action=view&id=878 - and now GoopGod is another example. It is something emiter related. I posted log to 3369 errors forum also: http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505430

But in fact - it is not 3369 error, but it is still in 3369 - and I see it as an game bug (or maybe editor's bug from what Soma said).