Quick question regarding sound

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

IvelDesigns

Feb 20, 2005
how do i make a brush play sound, all the time.

i was finally able to import the sound file i want into my map, and can play it in unrealed by clicking play in the sounds menu. i have assigned it to the add brush that i want this sound to come from, but when in game, i hear nothing.

here are my sound settings for the brush:

ambientsound = the name of the sound
bFullVolume = True
SoundOcclusion = OCCLUSION_Default
SoundPitch = 64
SoundRadius = 200
SoundVolume = 230
TransientsoundRadius = 300
TransientSoundVolume = 900

i have recompiled everything, and then click the "play map!" icon. still no sound. what am i missing?

IvelDesigns

Feb 20, 2005
i hate spending 2 hours on somthing, posting a msg, then figuring out the issue.

i reloaded the game and turned my sound all the way up. when i walked away from the object, it started playing, then fadded away. this tells me i have to mess with the radius settings some more.

anyone have any suggested settings? i want sound to come from a speaker in the corner of my room, that is 4096 square. as you get closer, it should get louder.

IvelDesigns

Feb 20, 2005
ok, so now i have a second problem.

my goal with this sound is to have 4 speakers in one room, and have them play music for this room, then in a differnet room, same setup, but with a different song. I don't want the same song for the whole level, and i want the sound to appear to be coming from the speakers.

using the ambient sounds works well. however, if you die, or view through your translocator, the music starts over.

i know i've seen (heard) this done on other maps, so i can't be the first. i've searched the net, this site, and the training videos to find a way to do what i want. apparently i'm not searching by the correct terms though. anyone have some advice? i could really use it.