TeamSpecificActors_v2 - stuff working for one team only!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
Name: TeamSpecificActors_v2
Version: 2.0 (doh :p)
Compatibility: All, including 3369

Description: It's a mapper tool. The actors in this package treat players on different teams in a different way.

What this is all about: I'm sure quite a few mappers have had a moment where teambalance was an obstacle and where he/she thought "God I wish I could keep one team out of that area", "God I wish that only one team could use that shortcut" or "God I wish the attackers couldn't take that 1337 defensive weapon". Well, here's the solution. :D

All TeamSpecificActors are COMPATIBLE WITH ALL STOCK TEAMBASED GAMETYPES and custom gametypes where the teams don't change bases between round too. The actors have been made compatible for Onslaught and Assault, gametypes where teams do change bases. On reset, actors that were first owned by the red team, are automatically owned by the blue team and visa versa.'

TeamSpecificPathNode
This is a PathNode that belongs to one team only. Bots on the right team (to whom the PathNode belongs) use it like any other PathNode, but bots on the wrong team (to whom the PathNode doesn't belongs) will avoid going there.In addition: this PathNode is triggerable multiple times. Where the regular PathNode always stayed blocked after the first trigger, the TeamSpecificPathNode can be unblocked again.

TeamSpecificRoadPathNode and TeamSpecificFlyingPathNode
The same as a TeamSpecificPathNode, but then it only works for ground vehicles and flying vehicles respectively.

TeamSpecificPhysicsVolume
Everyone knows the PhysicsVolume. It's great for gibbing and limiting a player's movement. This volume does the same thing, but it treats players on different teams differently.
What this actor can really do: for each team you can set if:
  • it can be hurt by this volume, and if so:
  • how much damage is inflicted every second
  • what damagetype is used for inflicting
  • a dynamic message that is sent. Dynamic means that you can define the owning and enemy team dynamically. This to support messages like "Red pwns" in AS/ONS games. The shortcuts are: '%ot', '%Ot', '%OT', '%et', '%Et', '%ET'. If red were the owning team, this would result in: 'red', 'Red', 'RED', 'blue', 'Blue' and 'BLUE'. Clear? Great :)
  • the color of the message sent
  • how long the message is displayed
  • a sound is played
  • the player's screen flashes
There's also the option to make the message's colors change between rounds using the RGBtoBGR method. The colors Red and Blue are switched around, making it possible to display a red message for the red team the first round, and a blue message for the blue team the second.
Nice addition to it: it's triggerable! bPainCausing changes every time you trigger the TeamSpecificPhysicsvolume.

TeamSpecificTeleporter
It teleports the right team, it doesn't work for the wrong team. Like the TeamSpecificPhysicsVolume it can display a dynamic message, which can change it's color over rounds and play a sound. Like with the TeamSpecificPathNode, wrong bots are recommended not to try to use this teleporter, right bots don't see a difference.

TeamSpecificTriggerableJumpPad
Basically the same as the TeamSpecificTeleporter, only then it's a jumppad. One small addition too: since JumpPads can't be triggered by default, this option has been added.

TeamSpecificWeaponLocker
Basically the same as the TeamSpecificTeleporter, only the right team can pick up weapons here. The green light in the WeaponLocker has been replaced by a green or a right light, indicating the team that can use it.
TS_WeaponLocker.jpg

TeamSpecificColorChanger
This think this actor will be used the most of this whole package. This actor has the ability to change the color of Emitters and ColorModifiers (a Material) using the RGBtoBGR method. So when you have a red Emitter in round one, you have a blue Emitter in round two. This way you can make the base of a team completely in the color of that team, and when the teams change bases, the color changes as well.
This actor should be used to change the colors of the Emitters of TeamSpecificTriggerableJumpPads and TeamSpecificTeleporters and of the ColorModifiers to show wrong players that a certain area belongs to the right players. Of course you can use it for other things as well.

Credits: Me and Wormbo and El Muerte for explaning me replication and various other subjects and problems I bumped into. The biggest credit goes to http://www.unrealwiki.com though. :)

For a detailed description about the properties, how to use the actors and tips on them, download the zipfile containing the package and documentation below.

Download: http://unrealized-potential.com/forum/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=5135
Mirror (provided by zoro): http://unreal.ie/dl/mutators/TeamSpecficActors_v2.zip
Mirror (provided by blip2): http://ut2004.dogmatix.net/Files/TeamSpecficActors_v2.zip

I don't know how long this link is gonna last, so any mirrors are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
There's a slight misconception about in what gametypes these actors work. They are COMPATIBLE WITH ALL STOCK TEAMBASED GAMETYPES and custom gametypes where the teams don't change bases between round. The actors have been made compatible for Onslaught and Assault, gametypes where teams do change bases.