How exactly is feign death gonna work?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
So like are frags going to be announced? Or are there no frag announces at all? Or is it a FAKE frag announcer? And like can you go MONSTER KILL without actually killing someone? This feign death thing kinda makes no sense... And what about the scores? An easy way to check whether or not you got a frag or not. Maybe the score will be fake, or maybe it will be real so only idiots and new beginners will be fooled. OMG the problems.

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
If you feign death you lay on the ground looking dead. If someone sees a body they may not look twice to see if its really dead... in which case the hell breaks loose in the form of a back-snipe.

Hint: If you see someone laying on the ground intact in Instagib -- he's faking it :p I tricked people with that a couple of times in UT99, and blew up a few people who tried to trick me with it.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I shoot you NeoNite! Then you feign..

Will some drunk retarded pot smoking dude yell out loud "Oh my fuxxing god, you killed the NeoNite" or will no one say anything, except a big unrealistic gasp, which comes from your bad try, to feign death?

I guess the last one.. though I'd like to see the first one :lol:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Phopojijo said:
If you feign death you lay on the ground looking dead. If someone sees a body they may not look twice to see if its really dead... in which case the hell breaks loose in the form of a back-snipe.

Hint: If you see someone laying on the ground intact in Instagib -- he's faking it :p I tricked people with that a couple of times in UT99, and blew up a few people who tried to trick me with it.

You know, to be honest I've never used it online (or offline for that matter, hehe-> Though you can make interesting screenshots while feigning death!)

At least, I can't remember. Because who'd fall for it? People who're completely new to the game. Whenever I saw a carcass on the floor, I'd shoot it. Every single time. Most of the times I'd end up shooting a dead body, but sometimes... jackpot!
Besides, your crosshair indicates if the body is still alive or not.

And feigning death in instagib? Lmao!!! Talk about "clever strategy"...
Sad thing is, I'm sure it has already happened a lot...

If a player shoots someone feigning death, he/she gets the frag. That simple.
It is announced. "you've killed..."

It couldn't be that much different in this new UT game...

Last edited:

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
NeoNite said:
You know, to be honest I've never used it online (or offline for that matter, hehe-> Though you can make interesting screenshots while feigning death!)

At least, I can't remember. Because who'd fall for it? People who're completely new to the game. Whenever I saw a carcass on the floor, I'd shoot it. Every single time. Most of the times I'd end up shooting a dead body, but sometimes... jackpot!
Besides, your crosshair indicates if the body is still alive or not.

And feigning death in instagib? Lmao!!! Talk about "clever strategy"...
Sad thing is, I'm sure it has already happened a lot...

If a player shoots someone feigning death, he/she gets the frag. That simple.
It is announced. "you've killed..."

It couldn't be that much different in this new UT game...
It worked for me -- even ~50% of the time on instagib (was daaaaamn funny too because they try it back and corpsekill 'em.) People just didn't think when the adrenaline started pumping.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Wouldn't have happened to me. I shoot everything which isn't reduced to gibs in instagib. Just seems natural...
Everything which is still in 1 part, needs to be splattered all over.
The very second you see it...

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
NeoNite said:
Wouldn't have happened to me. I shoot everything which isn't reduced to gibs in instagib. Just seems natural...
Everything which is still in 1 part, needs to be splattered all over.
The very second you see it...
Nore I, but aparently those I was playing with... :p

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
>You can still shoot when your feign death mode. There is only one weapon that can do it though, it is the Bio-rifle. First you charge it up and keep holding the fire button as you hit the feign death key, then you look like your dead and the weapon is charged. When someone gets in range, you let go of the fire botton and the goo shoots:lol:

Last edited:

the head

Dec 3, 2005
feigh death also changes the way in which you realy die in the game, when youre killed by something such as a bullet you instantly feigh & die on the spotin many frikiy compositions, it also gives you the abilty to put another 30 bullets at the dead guy before he fiants & making him "dance".

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
My fondest memory of feign death was when someone was chasing me with the Minigun, I feigned and he must have thought I was killed (how he could miss the "You killed Nightmare" (at the time) message, I don't know) but he ran past me. I got back up and mowed him down with my own Minigun. :D

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
In answer to Bullet's question, it's not designed to fake a death while somone is shooting you.

I remember I used to use it all the time in Domination to camp control points. You could fein where you know an item spawns, or somewhere in a flag room, maybe waiting for a flag to be returned...

It's got uses, you just gotta be a little more creative, than what seems immediately obvious. It also helps not to post your better ideas in public forums ;)

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Oh, that's what it was all about. Naturally... =/ /slaps self

Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea being able to feign death when you're being shot (say minigun). Suppose you'd die in mid-air.. you'd be turned into a human balloon. Your attacker could shoot you up to the ceiling.
And it would need an appropriate announcement as well...
;=)

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
shadow_dragon said:
Has anyone said they're bring feign death back?
Yes. Epic did.
shadow_dragon said:
Ever since the evaporating bodies of 2003 feigning death has been impossible anyway!
That's because of the sh*tty, sh*tty physics engine they used (Karma). It didn't allow people to go from regular model to Karma ragdoll and then back again, so feigning death was impossible (it would essentially be the same as a suicide!). The new engine they're using (forgot what it was or even if they mentioned its name) has this ability to switch back and forth between ragdoll and non-ragdoll, so it seems logical that they'd bring back the feign. It should also allow for gibbable dead bodies once again. At least, I hope so. That's always awesome and I miss it in UT2003/4. :(

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
Turns2Ashes said:
(forgot what it was or even if they mentioned its name)
Ageia PhysX (formerly called NovodeX, but I believe Ageia bought them and changed their name to align with the PhysX processor.)

FireCrack

May 25, 2004
Phopojijo said:
Ageia PhysX (formerly called NovodeX, but I believe Ageia bought them and changed their name to align with the PhysX processor.)

no, pysX is the name of the Physics card, NovodeX is the name ofthe physics engine...