Linux love ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarkCarnival

Oct 29, 2005
Heya.
I just downloaded it and although I didn't see any servers with any players on, I tried it out a bit anyway and it seems really nice..It's especially cool that the size is so little compared to how much you feel you get ! :)

Anyway.. I know you give away the ZIP download. But perhaps you ought to think just a little about saying that this can actually work on other systems ? Just to reassure people who will look at it. Perhaps make a place on your page which says "supported on" followed by a windows flag, the mac logo (whatever that is :p) and the linux penguin.

Because it really does work in linux too, and it would be such a shame to loose a little bit of the potential playerbase due to lack of promotion :)

A linux installguide really needs to be much more than a small notion such as:

Download the zipped installation and unpack it in your ut2004 directory:
unzip DA2Setup.zip

Make sure you have the latest patch (currently 3355) from www.unrealtournament.com, which can be installed by downloading the patch and unpacking it in your ut2004 directory:
tar -xvjf ut2004-lnxpatch3355.tar.bz2

Run the mod by typing this in the console: ut2004 -mod=DA2

Most really won't need much more than this to get going :) If you wanted you could add some simple shortcuts (which would by the way work on both major desktop-enviroments). It's really no hassle at this point and I hope you'd consider drawing attention to your cross-platform compatibility.

Othen then that, great mod and I hope to see some of you online ;)