News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Off Topic > Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting

Old 23rd Oct 2005, 03:58 PM   #1
Elegnaim

Weapon attachment issues.

I already know that ChaosUT2 basically barfs at anything with a non-standard bone weapon name. However, I don't RECALL Ut2K4 ever having issues with these.

Last night, I... played ChaosUT2 for some reason. Forgot to switch to a standard-bone-name character. Play for a bit, quit when I can't get sentinel guns to spawn in Onslaught, and switch back to normal mode for some hawt jailbreak action.

And... now my chars with non-standard bone names don't show their weaps. Which looks unbelievably odd.

Anyway, for reference, I HAVE changed "bone weapon" to the proper "Bone_weapon" in UnRealed, and saved it with that ApplyNewSockets option. In other words, it's sticking. THAT's not giving me the error anymore, but:

Log: AttachToBone: No bone named [righthand] found in actor xPawn's skeleton.

is. Isn't righthand an alias, though? I can't find any bones that are LITERALLY named righthand. I don't need the brackets, do I? That wouldn't make sense for several reasons, but...

And barring fixing the models, what else may'I've screwed up, and how should I go about fixing it (assuming Ut2K4 COULD handle non-standard bone names and I'm not just crazy).
Elegnaim is offline   Reply With Quote