Losing servers off a server browser

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

mwigand

Oct 21, 2005
Scenario:
We have a GUIpage that populates a GUIListBox with a list of servers on a LAN(Server Browser). We are using an instance of LANQueryClient to receive Ping Info from a server(s).

Problems:
1. The servers only show up in the list if you launch the server after the client is already running and looking for them. If you have the server running and then launch the client nothing populates the list.

2. When they are listed the servers only stay on the list for a short time and then they dissapear(as we are refreshing the list). This happens when we do a straight referesh as well.

I can always connect to the server through its ip address so i know that it is still accepting connections, so I think it is a possibly problem with the server beacon, or a setting in my .ini.

If anyone has had a similar problem, has created a server browser, or has a suggestion that would great if you could let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Mike