Original gameplay?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Alwin

Oct 17, 2005
I dont realy like this new gameplay of humans VS humans..
You guy's thinking about bringing back the Humans VS alien gameplay back?

Alwin

Oct 17, 2005
i mean the original gameplay it was something like 9999 enemys vs 10 humans

DA|aBsOlUt

DA GOD
Oct 24, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
As fluxs said you can do the Players vs Bots already in DA2.

The 99999 bots vs Humans is not very achievable in UT200x. The engine needs more CPU data for each bot, plus maps are 10 times bigger. DA2 also comes with high quality models and textures. With even 30 bots and above every avg-to-high-end-PC will start crawling.

Last edited:

Lucian04

XerotoNine
Oct 10, 2005
Eastern United States
DA|aBsOlUt said:
As fluxs said you can do the Players vs Bots already in DA2.

The 99999 bots vs Humans is not very achievable in UT200x. The engine needs more CPU data for each bot, plus maps are 10 times bigger. DA2 also comes with high quality models and textures. With even 30 bots and above every avg-to-high-end-PC will start crawling.

That is true, you can see my specs in my signature and let me tell you, my PC owns UT2004. I can play it at Ultra High Settings at 1280x960 Fullscreen with 4xaa/16xaf and hit 60 to 80fps a great majority of the time with 10+ bots. But when I try running the same settings on DA2 I take about a 10fps hit, with 30+ bots my fps caps in at about 35fps. Not unplayable, but a huge drop from how I usually perform.

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
When i build maps i test with 20 Bots.

If we wanted to have 99999 bots they would have had to look like the ones from the monster mutator using unreal1 models. with Stupid AI and low low poly models. If we did that I think everyone would of burnt us alive :)

Its still fun with 20 AI or at least 20AI vs 5+ Humans.... :)

Bring on the Singleplayer! shabo!

Lucian04

XerotoNine
Oct 10, 2005
Eastern United States
FluXs said:
When i build maps i test with 20 Bots.

If we wanted to have 99999 bots they would have had to look like the ones from the monster mutator using unreal1 models. with Stupid AI and low low poly models. If we did that I think everyone would of burnt us alive :)

Its still fun with 20 AI or at least 20AI vs 5+ Humans.... :)

Bring on the Singleplayer! shabo!

it is fun with the AI. Atleast the AI is actually intelligent unlike in other TC's where the AI takes the backburner. I have to give you guys credit for atleast trying to optimize and or write new AI code for DA2. It makes the experience all the better.

MozTS

Us And Them
Sep 12, 2004
Atleast try releasing a classic dumb bot gametype and let the public decide.

What about even afew smart captain bots, and waves of dumb ones.

Enfyrneaux

Apr 4, 2002
Later this afternoon
Visit site
While I do miss the sheer terror of fighting off a few hundred dumb bots with my friends at a LAN, having the smarter AIs in DA2 is incredibly awesome since so many other games similar to DA2 (Halo, CS) don't have good bot support.

That said, I will certainly welcome a few smart bots/players vs hordes of dumb bots gametype, regardless of delay.

Lucian04

XerotoNine
Oct 10, 2005
Eastern United States
MozTS said:
Atleast try releasing a classic dumb bot gametype and let the public decide.

What about even afew smart captain bots, and waves of dumb ones.

Dude, respect these people. They don't have to make crap for you if they don't want to. They're all doing it for free at the cost of thier own time and life styles. Let them be creative in thier own way, if they want to take suggestions from us then they can, but don't whine and bitch cause the gameplay is different from before.

If you want to go fight off hordes upon hordes of Dumb bots then go downloadFragHouse Invasion and be happy.

rich_zap

Jul 18, 2004
Dissapearing into the fog !
Hmm i dont know, the mod defense invasion sounds like DA1 but i find it to be a lot of fun, the idea of having captain bots is also good in my opinion, if you made all the models low poly and gave most of the bots stupid ai but gave good ai to a few it might work...

leafo

spoiled toothpaste
Mar 29, 2005
I am sure it is possible to integrate some sort of invasion system with higher res character models. The cpu time for invasion bots is much less than a real bot, invasion bots are stupid but they come in huge masses which is what makes them fun. I think you could add an invasion type with updated models without a serious performance hit. Not with 99999 enemies, but certainly a lot.

Lucian04

XerotoNine
Oct 10, 2005
Eastern United States
leafo said:
I am sure it is possible to integrate some sort of invasion system with higher res character models. The cpu time for invasion bots is much less than a real bot, invasion bots are stupid but they come in huge masses which is what makes them fun. I think you could add an invasion type with updated models without a serious performance hit. Not with 99999 enemies, but certainly a lot.

I'm actually liking the human vs human combat better. Anyone can blast the hell outta 1000 monsters and survive. But the back and forth games I"ve been having with other players and even bots online has been an awesome experience.

stephen_wq

AKA The--Grim--Reaper
Dec 15, 2003
I wish i knew DA1 existed :(
I love GOTY, and i might download no.1, but i'm also liking the humansvsbots gameplay, and i repeat, i want more maps :p
Any 3rd party mappers out there?

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
Adding Invasion Bots is possible as thats what was used for DA:UT. It could be setup as "DA Classic" Gametype, however its not on the list, but i can see if it can be coded for after 1.1

But it all depends on how much it will take to code.

the basic features would be:

- No PvP option (Humans can only join defenders)
- One team only of AI Horde
- Horde using Invasion Models
- Scalable Horde Team Sizes (could use invasion rounds)

The reason why this was not in v1.0 as we didnt want to be compared to an Invasion Clone :p