JB-SpaceLego

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

4WD

globle
Sep 6, 2004
belgium
jb-spacelego_0.jpg

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=8761
conversion from the map ctf-2on2spacelego by h0ok. hf :)

Last edited:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
A preety good one to convert. I've just run 5 minutes through it and fits JB fairly well.
Some thingies:
- The switches are a bit too easy to defend now. I think they should be in the middle of the base-room. That makes [IMO] the side routes more attractive. You could place a fifty shield where the switch is now to give a small advantage to defenders... ;)
- Jails are a bit too small, and I think the doors should stay a bit more time opened.
- The shields in the middle are practically useless IMO. Try lowering that spot to a doublejump height and adding healths instead.
- For the execution... You could make lots of bricks appear in the jail making it more and more cramped until players get crushed. It would need a lot of time and and work, but it would own... :D

Last edited:

4WD

globle
Sep 6, 2004
belgium
lowering switches to the middle is not a good idea, waaay too easy to attack (tried), place is good where they are now tbh.
jails cant be much bigger due to the place where the jails are, imo size is ok.
shield in middle: easy to reach with a walldodge.
i'm working on a fancier execution ;)

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Vatcilli zeitchef said:
Eaten by Lego T-Rex :lol:
lol what a good one... :D

I've been playing a bit more, spectating the bots and having a look in the editor...
- The map has not neither AssaultPaths nor Defensive scripts for bots, so they just go quickly to the middle and make spamfests there. :eek: Try to make an AssaultPath web... but I could do it if you have trouble. :)
- Some playerstarts are too near the middle, which also encourages everyone to go to the RL room. All the playerstarts should be in the switch room IMO... :rolleyes:
- Make the jaildoors with small legobricks. :D
- You can hide in some ceilings if the translocator is available. They should be blocked...
- Picture 1: Some things in the Arena.
- Pictures 2-3: The map needs IMO a couple of dodgeramps to fix the lack of the translocator. They could be big lego-tiles rather than ramps... ;)

Attachments

• Lego1.jpg
    Lego1.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Lego2.jpg
    Lego2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Lego3.jpg
    Lego3.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

4WD

globle
Sep 6, 2004
belgium
update
changed weaponbases
changed execution ;)
loadingscreen levelpreview minimap

ramps
i do agree with h0ok, additional ramps arent needed, walldodges works well.

arena
dunno why there should be blockingvolumes on the stairs ? u can go up & down there, bots do it too, so...

if no bugs were found i'll add some assaultpaths and the map will be done :)

4WD

globle
Sep 6, 2004
belgium
update
added defencescripts & assaultpaths. everything seems to work well now. plz post any bugs, this'll be the last beta.

known bug
sometimes one of the evil bricks from hell escapes & run around after the execution... dunno why but this isnt that bad since he's easy to kill & grants you a weapon after being killed ;)

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com

A few points:
the "jail" text on the floor is cool but the letters don't seem lined up with the bars above and below -- see the news post pic. The end of the L sticks out.
How do you get the armor?
The jail doors look a bit plain. I know with the lego theme you can't really make fine trim though. The same goes for the window behind the switch.
The brick execution is fantastic! :D but maybe the text on the bricks could be tidied up a bit? It looks a bit uneven.

Aersik

Turbo charged pogo stick
Feb 9, 2005
CTF-2on2-Spacelego

Its a custom CTF map that reminds me of Coret. Gets played a lot when our server is on iCTF, although usually only when there are 10+ people. Good fun, but a bit too spammy for my liking.

Edit: Beaten by a mile :D

Last edited:

4WD

globle
Sep 6, 2004
belgium
screen1: howto reach the shield with a walldodge (jump, dodge, jump)
screen2: howto attack the base from the right entrance with a walldodge (jump, dodge, jump)

edit
found another little bug, bots cant walldodge up to the right base-entrance, they keep doublejumping at the same place. fixed in next (hopefully final) release.
@tarquin: well the jailtext is aligned, one end from the J sticks out too ;) text-on-bricks is intended to look that way, wantet it to look as if an 5 jear old kid wrote it on it.

Attachments

• Shot04384.jpg
    Shot04384.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Shot04385.jpg
    Shot04385.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
4WD said:
i do agree with h00k, additional ramps arent needed, walldodges works well.
Ehm... How can you wlldodge from the healthpack to she sniper rifle? :p I think that one is necessary.
dunno why there should be blockingvolumes on the stairs ? u can go up & down there, bots do it too, so...
Such high stairsteps can stop dodges in a bit annoying way... And when you walk on them you feel a little hop-hop effect that could be fixed easily. Yeah, It's something stupìd... :D

> I saw some mistakes in the pathing:
- In the second waldodge picture the jumpspot is set bDodgeUp=True. The bots often try to do a slopedodge, and they obviously fail since there is not any dodgeramp there.
- The AssaultPaths placed near the ShockRifle don't work properly: The bots go there and after that they turn 180deg and go back the path they have just runned. Try moving those AssaultPaths a little
- Maybe that's just me but I still think the bots overuse the middle... :rolleyes:
- If you are bored... path the tricky translocations. Instagib fans will like that... :)
http://blitz.unrealplayground.com/tutorials/bots.html#TrickyTransloc
> Players die too soon in the execution... The evil blocks only have time to kill 1 or 2 people. :D Cool execution BTW. :)

Last edited:

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Check the fallback time of the excecution in the JBjailinfo actor.

@G.Lector. No point having translocating. JB is played without translocator, and if you try playing using it it will get removed as soon as you go into jail anyway.