UT2004 - Skin - Bofrazz – Jill Valentine

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What Do You Think Of This Skin?

• Good!

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • *SHRUG*

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Bad!

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Starry Might

bFemale=True
Skin/Model Name: Jill Valentine
UT(99/2k3/2k4): “Unreal Tournament 2004”
System Requirements: N/A
Author(s): Bofrazz
Download: SkinCity (4.59 MB)

Screenshot:
pic2_id2234.jpg

Model: Tamika/Annika (ThunderCrashDB/DA)
Voice: Default
Other: N/A

Support (SP/MP/Both): MP(?) (see “Additional Info”)
Support (Team Colors): 2
Known Issues: None

Additional Info:

Bot Stats:

Aggressiveness: 0.50
Accuracy: 0.01
Combat Style: 0.30
Strafing Ability: 0.01
Tactics: 0.51
Reaction Time: 0.01
Jumpiness: 0.00
Weapon Preference: None

Note: The above info was gleaned from the Bot Config info in-game using the “Edit" option. I had to fiddle slightly with the abilities and hit "Reset" to see the numbers, so while I tried to get it as close as possible, I'm not vouching for 100% accuracy, here.

Bot Use: 0 (no such strings exist in the .upl).

Jill is not playable in Single-Player mode. I don’t know if you can hire her as a Teammate, either.

THE REVIEW

Ever wondered what would happen if Jill Valentine (the heroine of the first and third games in Capcom’s famous “Resident Evil” series of Survival Horror games) was in “Unreal Tournament 2004”? Thanks to Bofrazz, you can now find out! This is actually the second skin of Jill for the “UT 200X” series (click here to see the first one for Prism/BlackJack by Sean Glover, if you want to), but this one is a much closer representation of her. Let’s take a closer look now...

The Good:

This skin is based on how she looks in the original “Resident Evil” for the PS1, the remake for the Nintendo GameCube, and the upcoming remake for the Nintendo DS. Until I saw this skin for the first time in the WIP topic, it never even occurred to me that the Tamika/Annika model would be a good base for a skin of that version of Jill. But as you can see, this is indeed the case! Like Bofrazz’s other work, this skin is very well-made and is made from scratch. The ponytail on the head and the packs on the legs have been alpha-masked.

She has the all-important Red and Blue team colors (but no CTF4 support). They change the colors of her clothes and armor as follows:

Red Team: The beret, shoulder pads, part of her gloves, and part of her boots are red. The shirt is green, and the pants are olive-brownish.

Blue Team: The beret, shoulder pads, part of her gloves, and part of her boots are blue. The shirt is gray, and the pants are a different shade of blue than the default.

She has a portrait, which appears to be derived from the picture I provided Bofrazz as a reference for her face in the original WIP topic (nice touch). She also has a Bio (built into the .upl file), which gives you a very quick description of her and her adventures in the “RE” games she’s appeared in.

The Bad:

The lips could have been a touch better, IMO.

Also, my Dad likes this skin too, but he thinks she has too much mascara around her eyes. This doesn’t bother me so much, but he is right, so I’m mentioning it here.

The Team Colors are somewhat unconventional, and some people may not like that.

The S.T.A.R.S. logo on her left (her left, your right) arm is backwards - but since the arm on the Tamika/Annika model’s texture map is mirrored, this can be forgiven. (*WINKS*)

And finally, Bofrazz got her age wrong in her Bio – she was 23 in the year that most of the “Resident Evil” games’ events took place (1998), not 26! Oh, and if I wanted to get picky, he spelled her last name with two “Ls” instead of one, and spelled “Arklay Mountains” (where the Spencer Mansion that was the setting of the first “Resident Evil” was located) with a “C” instead of a “K”.

The Bottom Line:

Another great skin from Bofrazz, especially if you’re a “Resident Evil” fan. Download her today!

Now, where’s my skin/model of Chris Redfield?! (Preferably his Über-cute “Code: Veronica [X]” incarnation...*SALIVATES*)

TOTAL SCORE 9/10

Last edited:

Spudsy

Unreal Tournament Junkie
Feb 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
It's not all that bad, but it could have been a lot better imho. It's a keeper, but I would have liked a little better loking Jill Valentine. Also, choosing the one from the origional RE was eh, the Jill in RE3 was a lot better, but this decision shouldn't and won't take away from the score of the model. I'm a give it a good 8.3/10. Nice work.

shadow the one

shadow the one and only
Sep 8, 2005
next.............................................i said next dammit.............DAMMIT I SAID ****ING NEXT!..................ROFL...............OH FORGET IT.........

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
skincity.beyondunreal.com
shadow the one said:
next.............................................i said next dammit.............DAMMIT I SAID ****ING NEXT!..................ROFL...............OH FORGET IT.........

Someone is sitting on your shift-key.

Turret 49 said:
I think he means "Next skin please."
Looks more like Spam to me .

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
shadow the one said:

Hey look what i just found

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?p=1902702#post1902702

Keep going, im sure at this rate everyone will love you - like you feel for yourself of course

Nice skin, it looks pretty neat, i really love TC skins, good job 7.5/10

Turret 49 said:
I think he means "Next skin please."

No, he means "hey look at me i just found how to post"

aka

please next time i make a stupid remark anywhere on the BUF forums please ban me.

Attachments

• Sans titre.JPG
    Sans titre.JPG
    303.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Kabs-BUB said:
what is a "TC skin??"

TC = Total convertions Skins.

Those are generaly made around 90% and more from the author itself, meaning it is completely custom and the author puted a lot of work in it skining it correcly on the skin with the same UV Set on the model, which can be really hard to do for some people. The easiest skins are the one that you just put a different color on them. That's basicly what i am about unfortunately :hmm:

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
skincity.beyondunreal.com
Kabs-BUB said:
what is a "TC skin??"

I think you are wondering what T/C:Yes on the Picture above means.
T/C = Teamcolors . Normally Red and Blue . Some skins come with 4 teamcolors (Red,Blue,Green,Gold) for gametypes like CTF4.

A skin without teamcolors isn´t very useful , because you can´t see who is on your team and who not .

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
SaD said:
I think you are wondering what T/C:Yes on the Picture above means.
T/C = Teamcolors . Normally Red and Blue . Some skins come with 4 teamcolors (Red,Blue,Green,Gold) for gametypes like CTF4.

A skin without teamcolors isn´t very useful , because you can´t see who is on your team and who not .

Interessing. Mhhhh. What about making TC and T/C ? TC can be a good information.