News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Forum Archive > Bond Designs > Modeling / Skinning

Old 10th Sep 2005, 03:15 PM   #1
MrBond
ZHP Founder

Using this Forum

Greetings, all! This forum section (Modelling / Skinning) is meant to take any questions, info, tutorials, etc. related to modelling or skinning.

Guidelines are pretty open here, just remember to stay on topic. If you want to spam, check out BeyondUnreal's own Off Topic section.

But why would you post here instead of the normal Modelling & Skinning section? While I can guarantee that the normal section has a lot more visitors, this section deals with the projects and problems under Bond Designs.

It's quite possible that you might have an idea how to fix a problem encountered in one of the projects. Normally, a post made to that effect in the regular forum is met with indifference or even criticism. Not here, though -- as an open network of developers, all ideas will be taken into consideration.

So what exactly is the use of this forum? Anything relating to both Modelling / Skinning AND Bond Designs is covered here, which could include some of your own ideas. Anything else will be moved to the proper section, or if no proper section applies, deleted. You have been warned.
mrbond@zerohour-productions.net
The future...it can still be something.

I WILL NEVER GIVE UP
MrBond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2005, 06:35 PM   #2
cheaterboy24

hey do u have any good sims2 skins? if so may i plz have 1 or 2?i have no idea how
cheaterboy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Dec 2005, 08:37 AM   #3
Ticklemonster

I don't think this is a place to ask for skins, it's a place to talk about the technology behind making them, specifically skins and models for one of the projects that bond designs is working on.

Do you know if there are already sims2 skins in existance? if so, perhaps google.com will be of help.

I personally wonder if there's a "maya for retards: the dumed down version of maya for dummies" tutorial out there. Even the most basic tutorials written for maya that I have seen are technically beyond where I am in my understanding of the user interface. Same goes for blender and 3dwings.
Old 4th Jan 2006, 11:38 PM   #4
blackrose

Sarcastic

I'm new here but I am hopping someone can help me, I am wanting to learn how to make skins and models, haven't had much luck in finding anything that could help me, I would app the help on this subject, I want to try my hand at making skins and models Thank You blackrose
blackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jan 2006, 04:06 AM   #5
McTerry

Well. Dipends on what game you want to work with.
This forum or at least Bond Designs only work with the old Unreal Tournament. (UT99)
So for UT99 it would be a good start with Milkshape 3D.
But for UT2003 & UT2004 it's recomended that you use Maya or 3D Studio Max.

hehe

And for skinning. Best way is if you use Photoshop or some other simular programs.

But I don't know how to make skins except that you have to draw and paint. :P