Nth Degree Modding team announcing a new Star Wars mod

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nth_Degree_PR

Aug 21, 2005
First, I would like to introduce myself and ourselves, I represent the Nth Degree modding team. It's probably a strange name for you guys, as for most of the people that actually know us. Our team was created from our former group, SciFi Dreamyards, which was foccused mostly in modding for games like starTrek Bridge Commander and Starfleet Command.
Now we decided to move into further challenges so, we're proud to introduce our first mod as the new team: Star Wars Chronicles: The Fallen, and the UT Multiplayer section of it: Multiplayer Battles.
The Original mod was intended to be host in SW:KOTOR 2, but so far, KOTOR engine is not moddable enough to handle everything that we plan for the single player mod. So, we decided to hold the single player version for one of the upcoming RPG engines, and started the Multiplayer version of it.
The main objective of this section, is to work as a testbed for the art of the mod, and to allow us to have fun from the producted stuff, but right now the project grown significantly so we decided to make it public for the Unreal communities.
The target is to totally convert Unreal into a Starwars game, adding lightsabres, jedi force powers, characters and maps, telling the most important stories of all the series. We also plan a kind of single player module, where you pick one character from the set and play a series of battle where the character was into.
Right now, using all the mod support Unreal engine gives to help, we have been able to add several stuff to the engine, including characters, blaster weapons and a test map. We also have been working in lightsabres with good proggress. All that stuff can be found in our forums at: www.nthdegree.portfolio.ppg.br
Everyone is invited to visit us and check the proggress renders and ingame shots.
However, we're still new to Unreal modding, and because of that, we are also open for any help that the community can offer to us, mostly in the scripting and mapping area.
we also decided to include some shots of our progress, just to catch some interest.

geonosis3_153.jpg

shot00007_199.jpg

jango02_132.jpg

bowcaster03_162.jpg

droidv2-02_734.jpg

chewie05_178.jpg

droidfoe03_137.jpg

grievous11_718.jpg

Thanks for the Attention
NTh Degree Public Relations.

Last edited:

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
the shots are really amazing. I always wanted to see jedi knights in UE based games, but never saw one =). However, I want to remind that LucasArts might force you to stop development of the mod, because of the rights infringement. I remeber this happened once to one mapper, who made maps for original UT, basing on SW universe - Pat "Badkarma" Fitzsimons, if i'm not mistaken. But I know that Troopers mod is ok with LA, so I suppose you'd better first check if LA has nothing against your mod.

Etah

Lead Nexus Dev.
Dec 4, 2004
I'll have to see how rusty I am in level design, but I'll get you some samples of past work and all....Seems like a good project - keep it up.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Is the guy in the second screenshot asking to have his hand chopped off :D ? Anyway, hope your project reaches the stage of completion.

Nth_Degree_PR

Aug 21, 2005
edhe said:
Lucasarts will chop you to pieces \o/

Good luck though :)

Sorry, but i can´t say this kind of post is very encouraging.
The team know that in the past LucasArts, required several mods to close, but we also know that several others are tolerated by LA.
Techincally that means there are some sort of rules that makes a mod acceptable for LucasArts and others not. Right now we were warned about some specific issues and have been everything we can to fit into them, and if, right now, or mod breaks any of these "rules" in some sort, the team is more than prepared to make any changes necessary to make the mod to fit into that guidelines and avoid any situation with LucasArts and still provide the communities the best mod we can.

LC
Nth Degree

[GMC]Mandracore

[GMC]Mandracore
Aug 24, 2005
Canada,Quebec,Montreal
www.devoted.to
Looking good

Wow,i can do some map modding, but like above im a bit rusty on some paramiters.
None the less looks really killer and if completed could be even more of a complete mod than Troopers was,which to me was lacking in some areas .

If somehow you get the lightsabers as good as Jedi Knight 2
[Best melee game out]
I'd be very impressed and would play the mod religously.:D

If you need anything you can reach me at clanservgmc@hotmail.com
I also compose music,which is yet to be hosted, I'm working on it.

Nth_Degree_PR

Aug 21, 2005
Etah: Sorry, was my fault to not include a reply for you, Any help in any area is very appreciated.
[GMC]Mandracore: Like i just said, any help in any area is more than welcome.

You guys can meet me at msn: jr_chisholm@hotmail.com

and again, thanks by the offers.
LC

Swerto

The Founder Of The PL4Y4 H474Z
Jul 29, 2005
woah if it can top troopers it could be kool... cuz all it would need is THE LIGHTSABERS
and ofcours DARTH VADER...... duh

Nth_Degree_PR

Aug 21, 2005
Swerto said:
woah if it can top troopers it could be kool... cuz all it would need is THE LIGHTSABERS
and ofcours DARTH VADER...... duh

I can't say this kind of comparsion is unexpected, but i want to make clear that we don't have any intention of creating any kind of competition or even comparsion to the Troopers mod.
The troopers mod is a well stablished and exists for time enough to right now have a lot of stuff produced, while our mod is pretty new and we're still setting up basic stuff.
Both mods have totally different approaches and only share the basic universe where they're placed.

Our intentions are that both mods coexist pacifically and that people have fun playing both of them, without worrying about comparing this or that specific aspect of any of them.

LC