News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > News & Articles

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th Aug 2005, 02:19 AM   #1
hal
Dictator
 
hal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 24th, 1998
Location: ------->
Posts: 21,379
Unreal Championship 2 Live Update

New downloadable content is available for Unreal Championship 2 via Xbox LIVE. In addition to the promised fixes, there's a good bit of new stuff:



New Maps:
Capture the Flag: Monoxide
Death Match: Sever
Death Match: EvilHands
OD: Ascension


New Characters:
Apophis
Calypso
Garek
Jackhammer
Judas
Kraag
Lilith
Merc Anubis
Necris Selket
Syzygy
__________________
hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2005, 02:46 AM   #2
Plumb_Drumb
yumb
 
Plumb_Drumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar. 19th, 2002
Location: Denver Co. USA
Posts: 8,615
gah@!

f you microsoft, degrading Epic's free downloads to a 17 dollar a month charge!
f you!

Looks like I'm "stuck" without this cool stuff.

[edit]
f you Microsoft!
________
Web Shows

Last edited by Plumb_Drumb; 28th Aug 2011 at 11:59 AM.
Plumb_Drumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2005, 03:16 AM   #3
fuegerstef
Registered User
 
fuegerstef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 7th, 2003
Location: KillingRoom
Posts: 667
I would buy a console (in this case XBoX) if I could get the patch for free without having live.

I cannot be bothered to fiddle with a console controller for online play, and UC2 I would only get to have all Unreal Games (UC 1 doesn't count if you have UT2003).

Last edited by fuegerstef; 16th Aug 2005 at 03:18 AM.
fuegerstef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2005, 03:23 AM   #4
edhe
..dadhe..
 
edhe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun. 12th, 2000
Location: Scotland
Posts: 3,284
Ditto - any way to upgrade the game i own with the free patch without a stupid service in the way?
__________________

Get your own Gamercard Sig.
edhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2005, 05:04 AM   #5
OutlawSkot33
Im me.
 
OutlawSkot33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May. 27th, 2004
Posts: 138
The characters and maps where available to use a long time ago o_O. About a month and a half ago, I whent onto Content DOwnload for UC2 and the Characters and maps were there o_O. So I downloaded them then.
__________________
Levels4You UT Series Staff.
OutlawSkot33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2005, 06:45 AM   #6
shoptroll
Registered User
 
shoptroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan. 21st, 2004
Posts: 2,225
I know sales for UC2 were less than expected, but honestly, if they released it for PC I would so buy it. I need something Unreal to tide me over until UT2007/GoW
__________________
"Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me', though, if you jumble it up" - Dr. Gregory House, House, M.D.
shoptroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2005, 08:35 AM   #7
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumb_Drumb
gah@!

f you microsoft, degrading Epic's free downloads to a 17 dollar a month charge!
f you!

Looks like I'm "stuck" without this cool stuff.

[edit]
f you Microsoft!
wow, you pay a lot more for live service than I do. Mine's $50 a year, so that's like $4 a month. well worth it, I might add.
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2005, 10:50 AM   #8
Reciprocity
Boots of Spanish Rubber
 
Reciprocity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr. 4th, 2004
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceboy2003
I know sales for UC2 were less than expected, but honestly, if they released it for PC I would so buy it. I need something Unreal to tide me over until UT2007/GoW

Here, here.
Reciprocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2005, 12:16 PM   #9
Half_Lunatic
Other Half Not There
 
Half_Lunatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun. 24th, 2002
Location: Bmore
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuegerstef
I would buy a console (in this case XBoX) if I could get the patch for free without having live.
It's possible, but you would need to have a modded Xbox.
__________________
Half_Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2005, 01:36 PM   #10
Mozi
Zer0 as a number
 
Mozi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr. 12th, 2002
Location: In the Borderlands..
Posts: 3,544
The Epic forms must be ablaze with overly happy people...
they can now play Apophis.. I remember when the game came out everyone complained why Apophis was not playable...didnt see anything specail of this character...frags like the others...

Its good to see more content...but I dont have LIVE...wonder if they will put on an OXM cd or something..
__________________
'Friendly Fire: Just A Finger Slippin' Good Shot!'


mozidesign.com
twitter: @mozidesigner
Mozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2005, 02:08 PM   #11
Starry Might
bFemale=True
 
Starry Might's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul. 17th, 2005
Location: Earth (the third rock from the sun)
Posts: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal
New downloadable content is available for Unreal Championship 2 via Xbox LIVE. In addition to the promised fixes, there's a good bit of new stuff:



New Maps:
Capture the Flag: Monoxide
Death Match: Sever
Death Match: EvilHands
OD: Ascension


New Characters:
Apophis
Calypso
Garek
Jackhammer
Judas
Kraag
Lilith
Merc Anubis
Necris Selket
Syzygy
Looks like all the extra playable characters were made available, after all. (Last time I read about it, only some of the above names were mentioned.) And FOUR new maps? Cool!

Unfortunately, I don't have Xbox Live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuegerstef
I cannot be bothered to fiddle with a console controller for online play...
I think you can buy keyboards and mice for Xboxs. (Of course, that would technically give you an unfair advantage over the people who use Xbox controllers...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozi
Its good to see more content...but I dont have LIVE...wonder if they will put on an OXM cd or something..
They better!

Last edited by Starry Might; 16th Aug 2005 at 02:31 PM.
Starry Might is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2005, 04:16 PM   #12
Virt
UT addict :D
 
Virt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb. 11th, 2004
Location: Springfield, OH
Posts: 38
It's 50 dollars a year people for Xbox Live, come on >_< Plus UC2, Halo2 and a ton of other games come with two month free trials.

Note to PC-only gamers: stop pretending like you know about console gaming Just because you played your SNES and N64's for a few years does not give you the right to claim that console gaming and the things Microsoft are doing are retarded. Take it from a guy thats played competively on both sides of the field - Its completely different and can be just as competitive as PC gaming, now-a-days, thanks to Xbox Live.

It's not for everyone, but most of you people are biased and have no idea what you're talking about, anyways. I spend 50 dollars a year for Xbox Live and I spend over a hundred dollars a month on cable and my cell phone bill alone! It's not THAT bad and the service is incredible. And in my personal opinion, Xbox live organizes games and internet play a lot better then most PC games. But thats just me.

Excuse me while I go play some UC2, now.
__________________
XboxLive!Gamertag: v1rt [ Xfire: virt ]

Virt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2005, 04:31 PM   #13
shoptroll
Registered User
 
shoptroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan. 21st, 2004
Posts: 2,225
I thought Epic said prior to the UC2 launch that their updates would be freely available somehow? Or was that in regards to Bungie and their pay-for-updates (ie. the map pack)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virt
It's 50 dollars a year people for Xbox Live, come on >_< Plus UC2, Halo2 and a ton of other games come with two month free trials.

Note to PC-only gamers: stop pretending like you know about console gaming Just because you played your SNES and N64's for a few years does not give you the right to claim that console gaming and the things Microsoft are doing are retarded. Take it from a guy thats played competively on both sides of the field - Its completely different and can be just as competitive as PC gaming, now-a-days, thanks to Xbox Live.

It's not for everyone, but most of you people are biased and have no idea what you're talking about, anyways. I spend 50 dollars a year for Xbox Live and I spend over a hundred dollars a month on cable and my cell phone bill alone! It's not THAT bad and the service is incredible. And in my personal opinion, Xbox live organizes games and internet play a lot better then most PC games. But thats just me.

Excuse me while I go play some UC2, now.
__________________
"Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me', though, if you jumble it up" - Dr. Gregory House, House, M.D.
shoptroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2005, 05:50 PM   #14
OutlawSkot33
Im me.
 
OutlawSkot33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May. 27th, 2004
Posts: 138
Starry Might, all the characters and the four maps have ALWAYS been on your game. Its just becfore the patch, you had to goto content download and download a bunch of 4 block things that unlocked them for play. The patch is just a download that contains all those 4 block patches in one.
__________________
Levels4You UT Series Staff.
OutlawSkot33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2005, 06:11 PM   #15
Starry Might
bFemale=True
 
Starry Might's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul. 17th, 2005
Location: Earth (the third rock from the sun)
Posts: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutlawSkot33
Starry Might, all the characters and the four maps have ALWAYS been on your game. Its just becfore the patch, you had to goto content download and download a bunch of 4 block things that unlocked them for play. The patch is just a download that contains all those 4 block patches in one.
I knew that all the extra stuff was in my game.

Can you elaborate on the "4 block things", though?
Starry Might is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2005, 08:24 PM   #16
OutlawSkot33
Im me.
 
OutlawSkot33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May. 27th, 2004
Posts: 138
a "block" is 1 unit of memory on the XBOX memory cards and harddrive.
__________________
Levels4You UT Series Staff.
OutlawSkot33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Aug 2005, 08:55 PM   #17
Persefone
Ms God!
 
Persefone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun. 2nd, 2005
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virt
And in my personal opinion, Xbox live organizes games and internet play a lot better then most PC games. But thats just me.
How is UC2 internet play?
Persefone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2005, 03:58 AM   #18
edhe
..dadhe..
 
edhe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun. 12th, 2000
Location: Scotland
Posts: 3,284
Apparently crap until this upgrade - bandwidth was stupid and games were laggy.

Now, i don' tknow. Try official UC2 f0s.
__________________

Get your own Gamercard Sig.
edhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2005, 05:28 AM   #19
fuegerstef
Registered User
 
fuegerstef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 7th, 2003
Location: KillingRoom
Posts: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virt
It's 50 dollars a year people for Xbox Live, come on >_< Plus UC2, Halo2 and a ton of other games come with two month free trials.

Note to PC-only gamers: stop pretending like you know about console gaming Just because you played your SNES and N64's for a few years does not give you the right to claim that console gaming and the things Microsoft are doing are retarded. Take it from a guy thats played competively on both sides of the field - Its completely different and can be just as competitive as PC gaming, now-a-days, thanks to Xbox Live.

It's not for everyone, but most of you people are biased and have no idea what you're talking about, anyways. I spend 50 dollars a year for Xbox Live and I spend over a hundred dollars a month on cable and my cell phone bill alone! It's not THAT bad and the service is incredible. And in my personal opinion, Xbox live organizes games and internet play a lot better then most PC games. But thats just me.

Excuse me while I go play some UC2, now.
Hahaha, I could afford it if it was $2000 a month. That's not the problem. The problem is that it is a console game and I would only get for the sake of having all Unreal games.
But with that retarded "You need XboX live" policy I won't get it.
fuegerstef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Aug 2005, 05:35 AM   #20
Plumb_Drumb
yumb
 
Plumb_Drumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar. 19th, 2002
Location: Denver Co. USA
Posts: 8,615
yeah, and this wont change for the 360 either... well, there will be a free basic Live service (and a higher "Platinum" level that you pay for), but I'm not sure if patch downloads will be part of that (i hope so)
________
KinkyCollege

Last edited by Plumb_Drumb; 28th Aug 2011 at 12:01 PM.
Plumb_Drumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Copyright ©1998 - 2012, BeyondUnreal, Inc.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
Bandwidth provided by AtomicGamer