News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games > Unreal Tournament Series > Unreal Tournament 2003/2004

Old 8th Jul 2005, 05:09 PM   #1
nuttella
Scare

Need brighter skins, but not utcomp

The default skins just aren't bright enough to see on many maps, so I tried using UTComp with everything but the brighter skins disabled, but it keeps crashing on certain ONS maps. I tried one mutator I found on www.utctf.de, but it didn't look very good, and wasn't even very bright. I like the "brighter Epic skins" with UTComp. Any ideas about a mutator that adds something like that, but only that (and obviously which doesn't crash the game)?

ps. the crash seems to have something to do with bots and vehicles.

Last edited by nuttella; 8th Jul 2005 at 05:11 PM.
nuttella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Jul 2005, 06:00 PM   #2
Taleweaver
Wandering spirit

Which maps did you crash on? This seems more like a map or model/skin problem than with UTComp, but I'm not sure (only that I haven't had problems myself). What kind of crash messages do you get?
Old 8th Jul 2005, 06:58 PM   #3
T2A`
I'm dead.

Keep in mind, though, that INI Epic bright skins aren't the same as UTComp Epic bright skins. Same colors and stuff but the UTComp ones are brighter. Go figure.

Which map(s) was this crashing on? And this was offline, right?
T2A` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jul 2005, 12:19 AM   #4
nuttella
Scare

Error example below. Looks like UTComp and Vehicle Pickups don't mix.
Too bad. Those bright skins are nice. I don't particularly like the "aura" you get with player coronas. (Helps at long distances though.)

--
MutVehiclePickups ONS-Tek.MutVehiclePickups (Function OnslaughtBP.MutVehiclePickups.CheckReplacement:0000) Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected

History: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (PawnCollisionCopy ONS-Tek.PawnCollisionCopy, Function Engine.Actor.PreBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (PawnCollisionCopy) <- AActor::ProcessState <- Object UTComp_xBot ONS-Tek.UTComp_xBot, Old State State UnrealGame.Bot.WaitingForLanding, New State State UnrealGame.Bot.WaitingForLanding <- AController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Tek System Planeteria <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free
Old 9th Jul 2005, 01:07 AM   #5
T2A`
I'm dead.

That's happened to me when using the Arena mutator on Campgrounds-G1E. It really has nothing to do with ONS; it's the CheckReplacement method. I do recall reading something about them fixing such errors with UTComp16a. Which version are you using?
Old 9th Jul 2005, 10:41 AM   #6
nuttella
Scare

Just tried 16a. Still happens. It's not only the checkreplacement function, but also Mutator.AlwaysKeep. I'm pretty sure it's the combination of mutators (Vehicle Pickups+UDamage Reward+UTComp).
Old 9th Jul 2005, 12:06 PM   #7
T2A`
I'm dead.

It's definitely the mutators. UTComp goes through and replaces stuff on its own, and I think when other mutators try to go through and do the same thing things go awry. Technically, it shouldn't (that's the whole point of mutators), so maybe they'll fix it at some point.
Old 13th Jul 2005, 03:44 PM   #8
klasnic
Ra Ra Rat Putin

OMG if i see another thread with ppl saying they want brighter skins I'm gonna'

Where's that old thread of Shadow Dragon where this debate raged for months - It even went so far as to have an anti-bright skins poll which won over the gimme brighter skins poll by a mile.

Honestly unless ppl are completely or we'll end up wearing sunglasses while playing UT.

Rant over