News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games > Unreal Tournament Series > Unreal Tournament 3

View Poll Results: What kind of flag would you like?
Futuristic 26 42.62%
Classic 35 57.38%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13th Nov 2005, 10:17 AM   #41
Kantham
Fool.

A mutator could be always possible. A simple hologram base with a nasty flag model. Then the player would cary a small package which would be attached on his back. It's all possible but require some skills to make.

wiki.beyondunreal.com is your friend.
Old 14th Nov 2005, 08:48 AM   #42
NeoNite
La douce souffrance...

What if you cap a flag, and say your team is thunder crash.
The moment you cap it, an animation commences on the flag itself. Say... an eagle flying by. And maybe the sound of its shriek.

Might be a little too much. So if you'd leave out the sound, but keep the animation.

Whenever a team caps a flag, their logo appears. And when you cap, the animation starts.

I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations,
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
-Ode to Spot, by Data
NeoNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Nov 2005, 09:09 PM   #43
Vault

how about replays of caps?

eh...
I SAID STOP!!
THATS IT!!!!
Vault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Nov 2005, 10:07 PM   #44
gramps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selerox
New flag animations are fair enough, but it's got to be y'know, a flag.

I'll take mine Classic with the chilli sauce.
hear hear. just ketchup on mine tho.

brutal. random. dangerous. | carpe imperium

<[Ci]Slag|Work> its best to smile when traveling through flak spam so you can clean your teeth at the same time ;)
gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Nov 2005, 11:02 PM   #45
Neophoenix
Bast's Pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoNite
What if you cap a flag, and say your team is thunder crash.
The moment you cap it, an animation commences on the flag itself. Say... an eagle flying by. And maybe the sound of its shriek.

Might be a little too much. So if you'd leave out the sound, but keep the animation.

Whenever a team caps a flag, their logo appears. And when you cap, the animation starts.
I would rather have the logo always animated, and then have a special animation for when you score the enemy flag.

I also want COLORED team symbols. It would look way better than just a white outline, and you could then have national flags and such for competition matches.
Hi, I am Allen Greenspan. This signature is one of many that has no home or well nourished body, but you can help. With your donation of only 10 cents a day, you can give this signature a good home where it will be fed healthy nutritious words. Every month you will receive a private message from your signature describing to you all that it has seen that month. So what are you waiting for? Call now and help a signature in need. Call 1-800-SigInNeed, and help a signature in need.
Neophoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2005, 12:03 AM   #46
Bullet10k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selerox
Seen how many people are playing Q4CTF recently? It's a nightmare of an idea. A flag's a flag.
rofl do you seriously mean that Q4CTF has very little people playing because of the flag style it has?
Old 15th Nov 2005, 12:39 AM   #47
Phopojijo
A Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet10k
rofl do you seriously mean that Q4CTF has very little people playing because of the flag style it has?
Lol, its all in the details afterall.
Phopojijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2005, 10:50 AM   #48
NeoNite
La douce souffrance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophoenix
I would rather have the logo always animated, and then have a special animation for when you score the enemy flag.

I also want COLORED team symbols. It would look way better than just a white outline, and you could then have national flags and such for competition matches.
Maybe if the logos would have a slight... halo.. and when you cap it would light up...and animate at the same moment.

F.e. an eagle: When you cap, the eagly spreads its wings, shrieks and lights up..

Eh, maybe a little exagerated.

-Ode to Spot, by Data
Old 15th Nov 2005, 11:35 AM   #49
T2A`
I'm dead.

I dunno... I thought people didn't play Q4CTF because it was total crap just like the rest of the game. Maybe my logic is skewed though since I haven't played the game since four days after I bought it.
T2A` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2005, 11:37 AM   #50
Neophoenix
Bast's Pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turns2Ashes
I dunno... I thought people didn't play Q4CTF because it was total crap just like the rest of the game. Maybe my logic is skewed though since I haven't played the game since four days after I bought it.
Why is it so crap? I've been trying to find a demo, to see what Q4 is all about.
Hi, I am Allen Greenspan. This signature is one of many that has no home or well nourished body, but you can help. With your donation of only 10 cents a day, you can give this signature a good home where it will be fed healthy nutritious words. Every month you will receive a private message from your signature describing to you all that it has seen that month. So what are you waiting for? Call now and help a signature in need. Call 1-800-SigInNeed, and help a signature in need.
Old 15th Nov 2005, 03:14 PM   #51
briach
ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ

Even if you were kidding NeoNite, that sounds like a badass idea, imo.
Old 15th Nov 2005, 06:28 PM   #52
NeoNite
La douce souffrance...

I wasn't kidding. But it would probably be hard trying to keep it within reasonable boundries. I mean, you get too many animations/sounds and it's overkill...

-Ode to Spot, by Data
Old 15th Nov 2005, 07:20 PM   #53
zynthetic
robot!

imo the holoflag things in UC2 and Q4 look like something you'd get from Q3's cg_simpleItems.
I really dont care what type of flag, (classic/future) just as long as it doesn't look like a sprite.
Old 15th Nov 2005, 08:07 PM   #54
ThirtySixBelow
tactical inaccuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophoenix
Why is it so crap? I've been trying to find a demo, to see what Q4 is all about.
The multiplayer is alright, the movement is just a little to slow and the rox are poorly programmed. They move very slow so you can't hit someone at long distances and since the player movement is so slow, they totally own from up close. The way you move with the haste pickup should be how it is all the time. The single player is totally kick butt though, I loved it. The environment of the single player was second to none. You get all kinds of feelings while playing through it. The only thing about the single player that I didn't like was the skyboxes, they looked pretty previous gen. (most likely the engines fault since doom 3 was mostly all indoors and there was no need for a solid skybox system). You will get a mixed bag asking about this game. If you ask someone like T2A who played it 3 times and automatically labeled it as dumb, you will get all and nothing but negative comments about every aspect of the game. If you ask someone who is indifferent to what makes games good, then they will rave about all of it's features and how awesome it is only because it looks good and not knowing that the game is pretty standard to the FPS genere. I guess i'm somewhere in the middle. I liked the single player because it was fun for me. That doesn't mean it will be fun for everyone though. I'm not much into the multiplayer though because of it's few shortcommings. It's very close to being great, but they missed a few things that hopefully the mod community will pick up. If you like single player I would get it, if you want something to replace your UT, wait for some mods you like, if any, to come out.

About the flag, I guess the holographic standard looking flag would be my choice. I doubt the flag is going to make or break the gametype.
ThirtySixBelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2005, 08:56 PM   #55
T2A`
I'm dead.

When I say "Q4 sucks" I mean the multiplayer. Perhaps I should have clarified. I gave it more than a few tries and it's just the most boring spamfest I have ever had the misfortune of taking part in. If said spam was fun I'd be all for it, but it's not. It's a slow and lumbering excuse for FPS multiplayer, and I never had any fun playing it. I haven't touched the single player yet, and while that may look good, the multiplayer maps all pretty much look like total crap, and the engine runs slow as hell for the amount of stuff it's rendering. I'm not gonna say "it's okay" when I severely dislike playing it, and it's ridiculous when the success of a game depends on a community-made mod that may or may not come into existence at some point in the future. I had an open mind when I got the game; in fact, I wanted the game to succeed in ways UT2004 has failed and I really hoped it would be a huge success. I was greeted by nothing but disappointment with regards to the multiplayer, so I stopped playing it completely and haven't looked back since. Naturally, this is what I need to post whenever someone asks my opinion on the game, but I'm lazy, so I just paraphrase everything I just said by saying "Q4 sucks" instead.
T2A` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Nov 2005, 09:05 PM   #56
ThirtySixBelow
tactical inaccuracy

I totally agree that it's lame they are putting the multiplayer in the hands of the community. They should have released them as separate games if they felt rushed to get it out and therefore didn't put much into it. If someone decides to base their opinion on one persons dislike of the game, then that's their fault anyway, but someone else might actually enjoy the game
ThirtySixBelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Nov 2005, 02:07 AM   #57
FireCrack

A worn, tattered, fabric flag is best!
FireCrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Nov 2005, 01:52 PM   #58
Neophoenix
Bast's Pet

Sounds Like I won't be getting Q4 any time soon . I'm not going to spend $50 just to find out, "yeah they were right, it does suck." And the fact it seems no demo was made further puts me off. Epic better release a demo, or I'll be pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCrack
A worn, tattered, fabric flag is best!
Aren't the current UT2004 flags like this already?
Old 16th Nov 2005, 05:35 PM   #59
NeoNite
La douce souffrance...

Eh, just because they don't like it after playing the game for a few days (veteran level achieved), doesn't mean you will share their disgust ;-)

It does need a friggin' demo, though.

-Ode to Spot, by Data
Old 17th Nov 2005, 03:54 PM   #60
Bullet10k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phopojijo
Lol, its all in the details afterall.
ok let me rephrase. "do you seriously mean that Q4CTF has very little people playing JUST because of the flag style it has?"

the flag style made little to no impact.