News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Mods > UnWheel > General

Old 9th Jun 2005, 05:04 PM   #1
$n][pErMan
UnWheel Server Guru!

Server Downtime on Friday June 10th....

Well for once I have some free time to mess around with my linux computer a bit (which the server is hosted on). With this time.. im going to do a much needed format of the linux computer (aka the server) and put on a new Linux OS (Fedora Core 3 untill a stable release of 4 is out). I've needed to this format for some time to clean things out and update all the packages but have not had the time. I backed up all my servers on DVD so HOPEFULLY I will be able to get things running again fairly fast after I get the new linux installed and all the packages for it updated. It will most likely be down all day tomorrow and a good part of the night. Depending on any hicups I run into or other things I have to take care of beside this I should be done late tomorrow night or sometime in the afternoon Saturday. Im not sure 100% but hopefully its a smooth operation and I did not forget to backup anything important. So tomorrow when you dont see the server... dont be surprised! I'll let you all know when its backup so enjoy it tonight if you have that burning need!
Old 11th Jun 2005, 02:12 PM   #2
$n][pErMan
UnWheel Server Guru!

Well, im still working hard on the linux server. I got Fedora Core 3 installed with some issues at first with the media (had to format again and install twice because of a bad CD). The system is now up and running ... however I have some 512 packages I need to patch/update before I even get to the gaming servers. So this could take all day as trying to figure out the interdependencies is a total b!tch not to mention it will take forever to install all this stuff. Im not sure if the server will be up in time for the burnout or not. I'll keep you all posted.
Old 11th Jun 2005, 02:52 PM   #3
ProjectX
Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by $n][pErMan
Well, im still working hard on the linux server. I got Fedora Core 3 installed with some issues at first with the media (had to format again and install twice because of a bad CD). The system is now up and running ... however I have some 512 packages I need to patch/update before I even get to the gaming servers. So this could take all day as trying to figure out the interdependencies is a total b!tch not to mention it will take forever to install all this stuff. Im not sure if the server will be up in time for the burnout or not. I'll keep you all posted.
heh. Good luck!
ProjectX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2005, 05:10 PM   #4
bobnine
JamesG

Maybe we could use jerdaygo's server for the burnout?
Old 11th Jun 2005, 05:32 PM   #5
$n][pErMan
UnWheel Server Guru!

200 packages left.... lol. Its possible it will be up in time if it keeps going smoothly and I run into no issues with getting the server back up
Old 11th Jun 2005, 08:18 PM   #6
$n][pErMan
UnWheel Server Guru!

Well its still downloading and installing packages ... some 103 left Does not look like server will be up in time for the burnout as I will have to configure the packages and all too and have not even started to work on installing the server again yet. Maybe late tonight it will be up .... but by then I'll be sick of working on it for one day so its a better bet of it being up tomorrow. I'll keep you all posted on my workings and will let you all know when its a go
Old 11th Jun 2005, 10:16 PM   #7
jerdaygo
How jerdaygo?

Do you guys want me to put mine up for the night?
Old 11th Jun 2005, 10:35 PM   #8
jerdaygo
How jerdaygo?

I hope Im not too late, my server is up.

edit: I updated it with the Train Race, Furrow Dash Rally and latest public semi.

Last edited by jerdaygo; 11th Jun 2005 at 10:40 PM.
jerdaygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Jun 2005, 10:35 PM   #9
stevenhorton
Not of this World

Thanks jerdaygo
Old 12th Jun 2005, 12:00 AM   #10
$n][pErMan
UnWheel Server Guru!

Ya .. I will not be able to play ... but thanks for hosting the burnout for tonight. Its just about done updating now.... but I still need to config and setup the servers. Most of which I will finish up tomorrow. So tomorrow night for sure... if the UT server installs correctly... all should be good again
Old 12th Jun 2005, 06:39 PM   #11
$n][pErMan
UnWheel Server Guru!

Server is back up!!! I still got a lot to configure with other packages and all.... so the server might be on and off for a few minutes at a time over the next week as I do this but for now I'll keep it up so you can test it and let me know if you run into any problems. All should be working fine though so let me know