|28th May 2005, 09:10 AM||#1|
Join Date: May. 28th, 2005
I have a problem regarding doors, I have a static mesh for the door, but I want it to move like an regular door in real world...
How do I do?
|28th May 2005, 02:02 PM||#2|
Give the following page a read: http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/MoversTutorial
After that take a look at: http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/Example...ers#UseTrigger for information on setting up triggers to activate your doors. Those webpages explain it a lot more clearly than I could here.
"What do you mean it doesn't exist clientside?"
Meowcat's Mods for UT2K4:
Yet Another Real-life Mod: Class-based play, generic realistic weapons, unoriginal gameplay, w/ cheap COD4 knockoff, parkour player moves
TD Vehicles v125: HMMWV, MI4Hound, Black Hawk & AH-6 Helicopters, Motorcycle, IFAV Jeep, Abrams Tank
Jetpacks for UT2k4!
|28th May 2005, 02:35 PM||#3|
I used to get stuck when trying to do this. Now I follow these steps:
1) Create the mover and put it into the door frame.
2) Right click at the edge of the door (using top view) which is the "hinge" side.
3) Select Pivot -> Place Pivot Here (or Snapped Pivot if you want to get it dead on the nearest grid point).
4) Right click the mover and select Mover -> Key 1.
5) Rotate the door around your new pivot (using top view) to the point where you want it at when it is open.
6) Right click the mover and select Mover -> Key 0 (Base).
7) Change the movement time to between 0.4 (kicking it open) and 5 (Resident Evil style, if you've played the game, you'll understand).
8) Under Properties -> Mover set bUseShortestRotation to True (sometimes the door will spin the wrong way if you don't set this) and MoverEncroachType to either ME_ReturnWhenEncroach (door closes if something is in the way) or ME_StopWhenEncroach (stops if something is in the way, but doens't return to the closed position.