What should've UT2007 be named?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What should UT2007 be named? (Multiple-choice allowed ONLY if you REALLY NEED TO!)

• Total voters

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
What should UT2007 be named?

I made this thread seeing as no one has made a thread like this WITH A POLL! :D

Remember! You want a larger community and a larger fanbase to play with, so pick the most catchy name that will bring in new players easily. Also to make people think that this is a totally new and different game so they dont get reminded of the failures of UT2003/UT2004.

[EDIT]A better name is more sales (good for epic), more players (good for us), and more maps and mods (good for us again). Thats why its important to choose a good name. Its not as simple as: "It doesnt matter to me because Im gonna buy it anyways so just name it wateva u want such as UT2007", it does matter to US because we want more players and more maps and mods and basically a larger community. We (atleast I) also dont want UT2007 as the name because UT2007 sounds like a sports game and that gives players the wrong impression because it really isnt, and also, a new one doesnt come out every year which makes it a completely wrong name (atleast IMO).[/EDIT]

Also: Forget about the previous naming conventions for UT, we want to change the naming convention seeing as it is a bit of a failure. So it's not "lets just stick with what we have as the current naming convention". Theres nothing wrong in changing the naming convention seeing as how great the GTA series did (I thought Vice City was going to be called GTA4, but the change in the naming convention did great).

Last edited:

Kirin[SC]

恐いハチミツボイ
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville NC
www.saphiria.net
CliffyB Tournament 20X6 :lol:

j/k

I personally thought that Unreal Tournament 3 (or 4, depending how you see UT2003/4) would have been good enough. This year thing reminds me too much of EA sports games.

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
KirinRiotCrash said:
This year thing reminds me too much of EA sports games.
SAME :eek: This game is suppose to remind me of a hardcore fast-paced FPS shooter just by looking at the name.

I voted for Unreal Tournament 3

These aren’t that great but I thought I'd give it a try.

UT3Logoidea01.jpg

UT3Logoidea02.jpg

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Ryans_Privates said:
That's suite. Would be better if the III was set over top (or maybe under?) of the rest of the words and the whole thing was centered.

If you can't tell, I voted UT3.

Bullet10k

Apr 9, 2005
Whoa! You should see the one at AtariCommunity, most of them want it to be left alone as UT2007.

Denny

Engulfed In Flames
Mar 19, 2005
Offline playing with bots :/
How about "Unreal Tournament 3: Tournament of the Unreal"?

lol, seriously though, UT3 would have been best. Although i don't really care about the year thing though, but i feel unless you make one each year it kind of defies the whole point or using a year based naming scheme.

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Unreal Tournament 3 or Unreal Tournament 4...I'm fine with either of them.

Ryans_privates said:
These aren’t that great but I thought I'd give it a try.
I disagree...That first one looks excellent :tup:

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
I'd be all about a subtitle naming scheme if they had a better, more involved story line, and some character development that goes deeper then the intro in 2k3.

Like instead of 2003, it could've been Unreal Tournament: Kreigors Fall.

This one could be Unreal Tournament: Rise of the Necris, or Asymilation.

All in all though, I don't mind the year thing, especially if they don't get into any deeper character development. Sequel numbering is a bit clechéd though.

It'd be really cool if they could keep the game backwards compatible, and just come up with a kinda new name, and not ever have to change it.

The more I think about it though "Unreal Tournament: Asymilation" sounds cool, and can probably be incorporated in multiple ways if they wanted to.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
-AEnubis- said:
The more I think about it though "Unreal Tournament: Asymilation" sounds cool, and can probably be incorporated in multiple ways if they wanted to.

Voted the subtitle also. That one is nice. As is Rise of the Necris.
We could make it like Star Wars

Unreal Tournament : A New Hope

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
The_Head said:
Voted the subtitle also. That one is nice. As is Rise of the Necris.
We could make it like Star Wars

Unreal Tournament : A New Hope
You stole my joke!

UT: Malcolm strikes black
Unreal: the return of the Tournament

:D