i can almost guarantee

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
from the video review it sounded like they did use the double damage sound from ut2k4 but its slowed down, and i think the next UT will have a similar sound...

i think that the weapons are completely completely different... you actually start with enforcers for everyone and you pick up other weapons in maps, umm i dunnoe more about UC2 cuz i dont have an xbox...

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
UC2 is a CONSOLE GAME. It has totally different gameplay dynamics due to the fact it's designed to be played with an xbox controller.
Envy will have a LOT more depth than UC2.
Only reason some weapons may be similar is because it will follow the (now full of loopholes and contradictions) Unreal universe timeline.

Look at Pariah for example. One reason I think so many people think the multi-player demo sucks (myself included) is because it's also primarily a console based game. Therefore it has uber-dummied down movement, aiming, etc.
I think the UT community would mob and hang Epic/DE is they made all our crosshairs huge hula-hoops like in Pariah.

Last edited:

kafros

F1 manta tryouts
Jan 21, 2005
Under Articstronghold's bridge
the new UT will be based on Tetris...

And on a more serious note: I do expect it to have Pariah like toned down movement and dodging - which I hated (and which I also wrote on another thread and got a few megatones of $H|T-talk)

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
kafros said:
the new UT will be based on Tetris...

And on a more serious note: I do expect it to have Pariah like toned down movement and dodging - which I hated (and which I also wrote on another thread and got a few megatones of $H|T-talk)

Lol @ tetris.

Movement is going to be toned down, but not to the extreme that Pariah is. Just play UT99 thats what its going to be like