UT2004 Ripjack Released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Yay, finally got it finished \o/ Enjoy!

edit: Completely forgot to put it in the readme :eek: that there's a custom crosshair with the weapon as well, which is the default for it but can also be selected as your default crosshair if you don't use weapon-specific crosshairs :)

"Liandri's continued failure to deliver an updated replacement for the beloved Ripper has led an independant weapons developer to take up the gauntlet. The weapons and munitions division of R.A.D. Technologies has most certainly delivered the goods. Featuring a sleek new look combined with deadly destructive capabilites, the MkII Ripjack is a lethal weapon to be faced with. Get too cocky and you could easily lose your head. Twitch your trigger finger at just the wrong moment and you could just as easily shred yourself with an explosive razor. Utmost caution is advised both while wielding the weapon and facing a competent opponent wielding it."

See readme file for install and usage instructions etc..

[screenshot]http://www.radiant-studios.net/junk/ripjack_game01.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://www.radiant-studios.net/junk/ripjack_game02.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://www.radiant-studios.net/junk/ripjack_game03.jpg[/screenshot]

Credits: Epic for the incredibly cool Ripjack concept art that this model/ skin is based on. Epic again for the also cool Ripper in UT. Me for combining them together into a hybrid weapon ;) Everyone who tested the weapon and helped get it to this stage :D

Download ripjackv1.2.zip (1.83mb)

Last edited:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Now that you're done this, any chance of starting in on what I requested? :p

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Well I'm currently modelling the st... uh... another weapon ( ;) ) now which takes presedence, but I'll try and look at it over the weekend, since I'll no doubt get fed up of unwrapping the new model at some point and will need something different to do for a while.

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Yeah, if you use the beta2 version you won't be able to join any netgames with the ripjack enabled. The packages have all been tweaked and resaved, and the .u has been recompiled. Also, this version has a custom crosshair, a couple of bug fixes (a couple of those are netplay related as well, so you'd be doubly screwed if you went online with beta2) and there is now the correct weapon and ammo icon for it.

ChampionHyena

Thank you for not melting!
Sep 26, 2004
Here. What are you, stupid?
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGHHHHAAAAACK

*hack*

*cough*

Eck. Anyway, this weapon is AWESOME. Actually fairly close to the UC2 Ripjack. Just a few things:

1. Can't seem to use it with the Arena mutator. Maybe it's just me, but I think having loads of these things in a level would be awesome.

2. Headshots leave burning neck stumps. A fine effect for the Lightning Gun, but not really suited to the clean *snikt* of cold steel.

Otherwise, a DAMN fine heir to the throne of the Ripper.

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
ChampionHyena said:
1. Can't seem to use it with the Arena mutator. Maybe it's just me, but I think having loads of these things in a level would be awesome.

Ok, that's worrying. Arena works fine on my end, been using that mostly for testing the weapon, along with my own mutator. Can you check your log file and see if it's coming up with any warnings?

ChampionHyena said:
2. Headshots leave burning neck stumps. A fine effect for the Lightning Gun, but not really suited to the clean *snikt* of cold steel.

Bugger... there's always something. I forgot to remove the hiteffects from the headshot damagetype :( Oh well, I can live with it :)

ChampionHyena said:
Otherwise, a DAMN fine heir to the throne of the Ripper.

Thank you sir \o/

edit: Cymek, yes it is hehe. Also instant gibbage with gibs flying across the map if you altfire on full charge.

Last edited:

ThirtySixBelow

tactical inaccuracy
Feb 6, 2005
Very nice modeling. That thing is quite a bit of fun to play with as it's a much better around the corner weapon than the flak cannon.

I do have to say that 12 ricochet's is a little too much though. :rolleyes:

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Fair enough, it could be a bit better balanced still, but between 'perfect' balance and fun, I choose fun any time :)

Also, it'll be better balanced against the other weapons I've got planned anyway. It'll all come together nicely into one very sweet package ;) I know how much people miss the ripper, which is why I decided to do this first, to give people a nice ripper replacement, while also giving a sneak glimpse at the sort of thing to expect from the weapon pack.

MrSmiles

selimsrm
Jan 8, 2005
Swizzle Firma
BooGiTyBoY said:
The charged shot reminds me of the Tribes Spinfusor... which I love dearly. :)
Oh.. and trickjumping is teh funz0r with it. :)
YES! that gun is the best! someone should make that for ut2k4
spinfusor_small.jpg

ThirtySixBelow

tactical inaccuracy
Feb 6, 2005
Radiosity said:
Fair enough, it could be a bit better balanced still, but between 'perfect' balance and fun, I choose fun any time :)

I didn't mean to insinuate that it was bad, I think you did a fantastic job. :) :tup:

Last edited:

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
I think this is worthy of a front page news post (a small one, at least - cough cough).

Pretty much everybody who's tried it has gotten a damn fine kick out of it, and I think it will be permanently replacing my minigun in Instant Action :)

dude2425

Apr 29, 2005
Please do the Duel Enforcers next! After the stinger your already working on though. I love this particular weapon, one thing though, that I haven't yet remembered to test in game, but does it have a third firing mode like in UC2? I'm not sure it does have one, but somebody told me that all UC2 weapons have a third firemode. (wishes I bought an xbox just to play UC2)

BTW: I reg'ed here just to post this. I would have posted at Atari, but I was banned, and I don't have an email address from my ISP that has actually recieved the confirmation email yet.