New JB 2K4 map at NaliCity (JB-DoomedHeaven)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
OK, just played it, it's beta (and Insta only)

@ INIQUITOUS and Torok:

First impression:
- Please put in normal weapon and ammo placement (now it's only playable as Instagib).
- When placing inventory, I expect the arena will need some SuperShocks, players can't reach each other.
(or create some extra paths, one in the middle, or two on the sides)
- Bots jump down too their death in the arena at the moment.
- It looks like the JBPanorama is not positioned correctly, on the right side I walk next to it.
- Clean up the alpha channel of the JBPanoramma. I can now see lots of black dots under it.
(maybe redo the JBPanorama to show the complete map, it looks kinda cut on the outsides now).
- Screenshots and LoadingScreens are included, I'm missing a level description though.

Overal it looks nice, I especially like the jails.
I'm not sure about the layout and gameplay though.
I'm never fond of using NaliCity for beta-maps, I only use it for uploading Finals.

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
hi, thanks for your input.yes it was designed for JB insta as i only ever see people playing JB with insta or with supe JB weapons that might as wel b insta, but i wil update it now i think.

the arena--yeah for sum reason the bots give up and jump off, only sumtimes tho. stupid bots. but who likes to play with bots anyway?

panorama- i see what u mean by it being slightly off, i cant see any black dots under it though but i wil look into it, and it does show the complete map, just not the jails as i was advised not to show jails in the panorama.

about the extra paths, i assume u mean in the middle jail area where the bots tend to favor one route to the bases, there is alternate paths, (5 altogether i think), but again stupid bots pick one and stick to it unless sumthing forces them.

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
ok ive added weapons and a few pick ups, it didnt need many pick ups becasue its an evil map :pi also see the black dots on the pano, i just fixed that too and i add more paths so hopefully the bots wil b brighter, but who cares bout bots right?! the bots only seem to jump off the arena when they run out of ammo, just a matter of which bot decides to jump first really, then u hav ur winner lol :p

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
I think it would be nice to put in some lava volumes (or fire) to fill the black holes where you can fall down and die. That way you know it's dangerous and there is a reason to die. Also it's better looking.

When I talked about the extra paths, I was refering to adding extra walkways in the arena, so there is no need for the bots (to try) to jump to the other side, they can walk to the other side if they want. If you don't put extra walkways in the arena, make sure the arena weapon is SuperShock, or a rocket launcher with enough ammo, so the players won't run out of ammo. I've seen bots jump down too their death even with a SuperShock, so running out of ammo is not the (only) cause. The secret is probably in the botpathing somewhere ...

Btw, I care about the bots ;)
A good map should be playable in both single and multiplayer.

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
some good points and interesting too. i did originally put lava in those black holes but it really slowed up the frame right as the game has to generate the entire map nearly from some points of view. and i also decided to take them out because its inside a structure and i didnt think you would find lava there and it might make it look too tacky and its been done before so many times.

ah the arena, yeah stupid bots!! thats all i have to say. when ever i play jailbreak its only with humans and there might b one bot to balance teams and even on maps like JB-Nosense you will find that the bots tend to kill themselves, so thats reaklly not an issue for me. im sorry but theres nothing i can do, if i add more walk ways then the arena would b basically just a box room, and not something different i feel, but mayb a different type of arena would help? hhmm

anyway thanks for you input, if you have any more idas or comments dont hesitate!! :p

oh yeah i forgot to mention that i hav actually improved it all and added normal weapons etc.. but nali city hasnt updated it to the final version yet, so just waiting for it to be approved or summat then look out v1.2 where it says version :)

NEW INFO> the new final finsihed map is now available from nalicity in both JB and CTF versions and they both now support normal weapons, improved bot pathing and updated panorama mini map for the JB version.

Last edited:

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
thanks leech. well, its my first JB map, its all playable with bots except in the arena they jump off and kill themselves lol, one thing though that has troubled me is the panorama map, ive made 4 attempts at it now and ive left it as it is now. the first time it was all wrong , a complete mess, but the last 3 times its been exactly the same and i know im doing it right. its weird because in the map if your making your way on the right handside of the map, eveyrthing lines up and its perfect but as you move to the left it doesnt line up, but thats impossible!! argh i give up, its very close anyway and it does it job fine. but yeah as i said this is my first JB map and my friend designed it, i made it and changed some things.why dont u all try it out? or are you afraid you might like it ! :D lol

INIQUITOUS

Purple Monkey DishWasher
Mar 26, 2005
U.K
www.ini.hazelwhorley.com
zed maestro has helped me loads already lol,hes great. ive bin doing that map for so long i need a rest i think! everything works anyway and no1 has had any problems.i just had my wisdom teeth out so i dont really care about anything right now until im feeling better :D its only the pano and ive done it 4 times now and i mke sure i dont move a thing when i set it up so it shudnt do what it does, but then again it works fine on one side whihc is impossible because either both sides should work or they both shouldnt right? i mean its symetrical so it has to! or mayb im just confused, either way the final finsihed version if up on nalicity v3. play it and tell me what u think :)

Last edited:

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
Too bad all weapons and ammo are placed inside the two bases, nothing in the middle. When released from jail, you first have to go back to the bases to get a decent weapon.

And yes, bots still are suicidall in the arena ...