News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games > Unreal Tournament Series > Unreal Tournament 3

View Poll Results: Should the sniper have a puff of smoke.
yes 12 30.00%
no 28 70.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st Apr 2005, 01:41 PM   #41
Sir_Brizz
More Than Just Mad Skill
 
Sir_Brizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb. 3rd, 2000
Location: >:3
Posts: 25,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh&minty
As for you brizz, making comments about who could whip who when you don't know who I am makes you seem desperate to back up a point, which you failed at prior. GG at not mentioning the names of people that can beat a person you don't know... 2ez
I said you as IN GENERAL people that could kill you before you even saw them.

You clearly didn't play much UT, alot of the "momentum" "speed boosts" were already in UT before they were in UT200X.

Why would I name names? They hardly matter anymore, Quake isn't a much played game anymore (I haven't played it in over 4 years).
__________________
64 65 61 74 68 62 6f 6f 67 65 72 73 20 6d 6f 74 68 65 72 20 6f 66 20 63 6f 75 72 73 65

Liandri Archives - A veritable smorgasbord of information about the Unreal series
If Titanic taught me anything, it's to never let go until you're a frozen corpse staring hopelessly into a barren horizon.
Sir_Brizz is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2005, 01:45 PM   #42
fresh&minty
lollerbater
 
Join Date: Mar. 30th, 2005
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Brizz
I said you as IN GENERAL people that could kill you before you even saw them.

You clearly didn't play much UT, alot of the "momentum" "speed boosts" were already in UT before they were in UT200X.

Why would I name names? They hardly matter anymore, Quake isn't a much played game anymore (I haven't played it in over 4 years).
compare quake numbers to UT numbers on a referance that doesn't count bots (ie not gamelie, err gamespy)... quake3 has double the players of 2kx, quake2 has the same as ut99, and quakeW (not even counted) has more than either of those with it's various mods.

brizz, you should find a cure to aids, your so good with facts.

Either that or you should talk to the ground and grow plants, because the crap you spew contains enough BS to fertilize all of africa.

But then again I guess your not playing it in 4+ years means you know enough to comment on it

EDIT, and if your gripe in that "new people" thread was about me, here is a clue. If you blatantly bold face LIE, expect people to call you on it. Then if you LIE AGAIN expect people to call you on it again.
__________________
loller skates

Last edited by fresh&minty; 1st Apr 2005 at 01:56 PM.
fresh&minty is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2005, 01:55 PM   #43
Sir_Brizz
More Than Just Mad Skill
 
Sir_Brizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb. 3rd, 2000
Location: >:3
Posts: 25,626
Oh wow. I refute your point with a fact, you resort to flaming/name calling/general insults to TRY to get your point across.... +1 you win teh intarweb....

edit: just saw you idle in h2o's channel. I shouldn't be surprised at your attitude.
__________________
64 65 61 74 68 62 6f 6f 67 65 72 73 20 6d 6f 74 68 65 72 20 6f 66 20 63 6f 75 72 73 65

Liandri Archives - A veritable smorgasbord of information about the Unreal series
If Titanic taught me anything, it's to never let go until you're a frozen corpse staring hopelessly into a barren horizon.

Last edited by Sir_Brizz; 1st Apr 2005 at 01:57 PM.
Sir_Brizz is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2005, 01:57 PM   #44
Symbolikal
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
 
Symbolikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul. 30th, 2004
Location: In britain in a small town.
Posts: 1,578
1) Stop flaming
2) Stop trying to force your opinions down everybody's throat.
3) If you're so good, come play at FragBU.
__________________
Download the 3 best mods Clone Bandits, Jailbreak and CTF4.
Want quality mappage? Come to Nalicity.

Uber kudos to ragnar0k for making the sig!

Last edited by Symbolikal; 1st Apr 2005 at 02:02 PM.
Symbolikal is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2005, 01:57 PM   #45
fresh&minty
lollerbater
 
Join Date: Mar. 30th, 2005
Posts: 137
You didn't state a fact, you bold faced lied, about something you admit you are not involved with. I called BS because that's what you did. Try not trying to pass of bold faced lies as facts and I will take you seriously.
__________________
loller skates
fresh&minty is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2005, 01:59 PM   #46
RaptoR
been here far too long
 
RaptoR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May. 7th, 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 3,524
@fresh&minty: consider yourself warned. The BU terms of use ( http://support.beyondunreal.com/faq.php?article=10 ) forbids abusive/insulting posts on the forums.

@Symbolikal + fresh&minty: take your personal feuds elsewhere. We don't tolerate this sort of thing on BuF, so take it somewhere else if you want to keep your posting privelages.

</nazimod>
__________________
RaptoR is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2005, 02:00 PM   #47
Nereid
・ ω ・
 
Nereid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr. 15th, 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,843
What the **** is with all these flames/trolls here recently?

fresh&minty, this thread might be a good read for you. Much of this one, although written for OT, applies anywhere else (yes, including here) as well. Read, and think before you post.

Sheesh.
__________________
Nereid is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2005, 02:03 PM   #48
fresh&minty
lollerbater
 
Join Date: Mar. 30th, 2005
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptoR
@fresh&minty: consider yourself warned. The BU terms of use ( http://support.beyondunreal.com/faq.php?article=10 ) forbids abusive/insulting posts on the forums.

@Symbolikal + fresh&minty: take your personal feuds elsewhere. We don't tolerate this sort of thing on BuF, so take it somewhere else if you want to keep your posting privelages.

</nazimod>
while I respect that, do you honestly expect people to not slam people that blatantly bs about stuff they admit to know nothing about?

Running a flame free forum is all fine and dandy.
__________________
loller skates
fresh&minty is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2005, 02:04 PM   #49
Symbolikal
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
 
Symbolikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul. 30th, 2004
Location: In britain in a small town.
Posts: 1,578
I have no personal feud with fresh&minty, but what I do recognise what I did was wrong. I was also trying to point out the wrongs of f&m.
__________________
Download the 3 best mods Clone Bandits, Jailbreak and CTF4.
Want quality mappage? Come to Nalicity.

Uber kudos to ragnar0k for making the sig!
Symbolikal is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2005, 02:04 PM   #50
Sir_Brizz
More Than Just Mad Skill
 
Sir_Brizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb. 3rd, 2000
Location: >:3
Posts: 25,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh&minty
You didn't state a fact, you bold faced lied, about something you admit you are not involved with. I called BS because that's what you did. Try not trying to pass of bold faced lies as facts and I will take you seriously.
I didn't lie about anything, you don't have to be an active part of a community to notice trends.
__________________
64 65 61 74 68 62 6f 6f 67 65 72 73 20 6d 6f 74 68 65 72 20 6f 66 20 63 6f 75 72 73 65

Liandri Archives - A veritable smorgasbord of information about the Unreal series
If Titanic taught me anything, it's to never let go until you're a frozen corpse staring hopelessly into a barren horizon.
Sir_Brizz is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2005, 02:10 PM   #51
Nereid
・ ω ・
 
Nereid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr. 15th, 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh&minty
while I respect that, do you honestly expect people to not slam people that blatantly bs about stuff they admit to know nothing about?
Do you honestly expect people to not slam people that slam people who do not in fact blatantly bs about stuff that they in fact know something about?
__________________
Nereid is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2005, 02:11 PM   #52
fresh&minty
lollerbater
 
Join Date: Mar. 30th, 2005
Posts: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Brizz
I didn't lie about anything, you don't have to be an active part of a community to notice trends.
claiming the quake series has less players than UT is either 1. a bold faced lie, or 2. sheer stupidity/ignorance, take your pick.

If you are going to make such absurd statements and then follow it up with "I haven't played in 4+ years" realize how entirely asinine that is.
__________________
loller skates
fresh&minty is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2005, 02:13 PM   #53
hal
Dictator
 
hal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 24th, 1998
Location: ------->
Posts: 21,374
Jesus Christ, guys. The game discussion is interesting. Name calling isn't.

I personally couldn't give a crap about a puff of smoke. It's basically useless anyhow unless the person shooting you sucks.

I kind of got used to the LtG in the last couple of years, but I really loved UT's Rifle. Yeah, I guess it was way overpowered, but we're also talking about the new weapon, so we really don't know all of its properties yet.

The puff of smoke might be negligible, or it might be bright orange and as big as a rain cloud. Point is, we really don't know enough to say one way or another.
__________________
hal is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2005, 02:15 PM   #54
Sir_Brizz
More Than Just Mad Skill
 
Sir_Brizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb. 3rd, 2000
Location: >:3
Posts: 25,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh&minty
claiming the quake series has less players than UT is either 1. a bold faced lie, or 2. sheer stupidity/ignorance, take your pick.

If you are going to make such absurd statements and then follow it up with "I haven't played in 4+ years" realize how entirely asinine that is.
Considering that there is really no way to know whether bots are being counted or not and csports.net regularly lies about player numbers, I don't think even you can make an educated guess on it.

Amen.
__________________
64 65 61 74 68 62 6f 6f 67 65 72 73 20 6d 6f 74 68 65 72 20 6f 66 20 63 6f 75 72 73 65

Liandri Archives - A veritable smorgasbord of information about the Unreal series
If Titanic taught me anything, it's to never let go until you're a frozen corpse staring hopelessly into a barren horizon.

Last edited by Sir_Brizz; 1st Apr 2005 at 02:18 PM.
Sir_Brizz is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2005, 02:21 PM   #55
fresh&minty
lollerbater
 
Join Date: Mar. 30th, 2005
Posts: 137
gamespy has stated that they count bots... several times, even epic fessed up.

there are about 1500 ut players online at peak, and about 3100 quake 3 players...
ut99 is at about 700, roughly the same as quake2.

I leave out Unreal, and quake1, because they aren't really tracked, but both are remotely alive, and I know that quake1 has more active clans than quake3. I'd be willing to guess quake1 creams unreal1.

I'm sure you want me on readonly/ban because I keep calling you out on the BS you post. I was having a decent arguement with aenubis about weapon balance, and I'd like to continue that. However I won't stop pointing out lies, or ignorant statements.

Let me define 2 things.

Lies- you know the truth, and mislead people for your gain

bull****- you don't know squat but just rant.

I charge you with the second.
__________________
loller skates

Last edited by fresh&minty; 1st Apr 2005 at 02:23 PM.
fresh&minty is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2005, 02:23 PM   #56
UnrealGrrl
Enemy flag carrier is Her!
 
UnrealGrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun. 16th, 2000
Posts: 1,693
ok, so the latest now is the g00gun/MineLayer/Grenade launcher will give off Green/Red/Purplish puffs of smoke that are visible at a distance?! i can't take it anymore and i am going to play Unreal 1 until the smoke clears!!

and worse than the evil childish bickering is the totally offtopicness youse guys have caused
__________________
Sioux
www.unrealgrrl.com

Last edited by UnrealGrrl; 1st Apr 2005 at 02:24 PM.
UnrealGrrl is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2005, 02:26 PM   #57
Sir_Brizz
More Than Just Mad Skill
 
Sir_Brizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb. 3rd, 2000
Location: >:3
Posts: 25,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresh&minty
gamespy has stated that they count bots
Link?
Quote:
... several times, even epic fessed up.
Link?
Quote:
there are about 1500 ut players online at peak, and about 3100 quake 3 players...
csports.net stats don't count.
Quote:
ut99 is at about 700, roughly the same as quake2.
Again.
Quote:
I'm sure you want me on readonly/ban because I keep calling you out on the BS you post. I was having a decent arguement with aenubis about weapon balance, and I'd like to continue that. However I won't stop pointing out lies, or ignorant statements.
Um, no, because you are breaking rules and conduct that we just don't put up with here.
Quote:
Lies- you know the truth, and mislead people for your gain

bull****- you don't know squat but just rant.
A walking self-proclaimed dictionary. Woowoo.
__________________
64 65 61 74 68 62 6f 6f 67 65 72 73 20 6d 6f 74 68 65 72 20 6f 66 20 63 6f 75 72 73 65

Liandri Archives - A veritable smorgasbord of information about the Unreal series
If Titanic taught me anything, it's to never let go until you're a frozen corpse staring hopelessly into a barren horizon.
Sir_Brizz is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2005, 02:29 PM   #58
carmatic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan. 31st, 2004
Posts: 746
yea111 make it so that the puff of smoke is bright orange + as big as a raincloud

actually im not good enough to comment about this ( i miss players more than i hit them omg) so , i guess this post is Asinine
__________________
This world is not perfect.Everything is where they will be.
carmatic is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2005, 02:31 PM   #59
-AEnubis-
fps greater than star
 
-AEnubis-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec. 7th, 2000
Location: The Nicest Parts of Hell
Posts: 3,292
The fact that you call BS isn't the issue, the way in which you do it here is what seperates this forum from flame infested forums like ProU, or other forums who end up having to enforce a "warning level system".

Word like assinine, ignorant, and liar are not words we ever thow around in this forum, barring in rare cases of jest, or to concepts, not at people.

Instead of calling somone a liar, link your source, and proove them wrong. Anyone can type anything here, that doesn't make it true. The main thing that seperates this forum from others is maturity. That is how we handle stuff like that here. It's about educating everyone, not simply being right (which trust me, that get's old after a while )
__________________

There is no spam. -- StartButton'd!
-AEnubis- is offline  
Old 1st Apr 2005, 02:37 PM   #60
hal
Dictator
 
hal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov. 24th, 1998
Location: ------->
Posts: 21,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealGrrl
ok, so the latest now is the g00gun/MineLayer/Grenade launcher will give off Green/Red/Purplish puffs of smoke that are visible at a distance?!
April Fools?
__________________
hal is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Copyright ©1998 - 2012, BeyondUnreal, Inc.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
Bandwidth provided by AtomicGamer