Custom team icons ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Is it possible to assign icons to a team or make some custom team icons ? I'm referring to the grimreaper and other images that are used to ditinguish teams beside team colours.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I would assume making your own would be like getting custom crosshairs to work. My guess is you need a texture file with your icons in it and a U/INT/UCL file(s) in the System directory to get the game to load them. Not really sure though since I've never tried, and I don't have any custom crosshairs on this computer to check how it's done.

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
Tried this?

http://www.ut2003hq.com/pafiledb/pa...74&PHPSESSID=bdd197da7f38561cb86ff8c0da7bf787

It's for 2k3 but might work for 2k4. The readme has instructions for the texture creation as well.

ALso:

http://www.shokazulu.com/newboard/showthread.php?t=1084

This was also mentioned on another forum:
I was able to get team symbols to display correctly everywhere (in the interface, on flags, banners, video screens, etc) by importing them as masked images rather than alpha'd images.

Instead of creating a .tga (or other) file with an alpha layer, I instead created an 8bit (greyscale) .bmp file. The team symbol was white on a black background. When I imported into UnrealEd, I selected masked (instead of alpha'd), and everything seemed to work dandy. Important note: things only seemed to work if the image was an 8bit greyscale image. When I tried importing a 14bit or 32bit RGB or a 2bit bitmap image, things didn't go so well.

I hope this helps someone!

GOOGLE IS YOUR FWIEND!!!!

Last edited:

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
The logos are obviously set by server, and for client to see the properly (even if they have this texture pack) you need toadd this UTX to ServerPackages