da-seafort

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{UFF}HAMMERSTIEN

EEK THE SEA IS FULL OF FISH CRAP
ok been looking 4 a map idear that was different to the norm and with this i think i found it
out in the solent in the UK are a line of seaforts built to defend english warships in the 19th century against the french attack while at anchor

ok to the point in da these fort are used as a base for globe antienemy orbital bombardment space craft. Armed with heavy weapons against an air assult and with very heavy armor the only way they can be knocked out is by ground assult but due to being in sea this becomes a bit harder with only a sand bar running out to fort at low tide and mainly only accessible
by ship or if you feel luck a long swim . With only one main entry to fort and mabye planting an explosive pack on the seabed next to the wall to blow hole (this way would flood all levels below the water line ). And with gun ports all round the fort its still going to be a hard slog 4 attackers to enter fort . Just a mad thought must be a way to get a tidal sea effect in map .

ok now 4 the fun bit a load of pictures of victorain seaforts which i tried to make a in unrealed but me fecking skills r so lacking looks like a gaints toilet roll tube

0001.jpg
0002.jpg
0003.jpg

Last edited:

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
Water on a large scale does have problems unless you want to have a carm sea in UT04 :)

I like the idea. it might be workable if it was at low tide and had sand bars to leading to it. Where you blow holes to enter the compound. But heading out on water / attacking below the water could not be done really:

1. Custom vehicles?
2. DA2 and swimming dont mix as we dont have any swim animations in the models ;)

After i finished on my current maps I will have a ponder, as I have been looking at creating a map which is set around a series of Control Point areas. Each fort (a smaller version) could be a control point which you need to move around between defending.

nice work hamma and get better.

*calls for medic

Last edited:

FukMeHo

Nov 24, 2004
no swim animations aint a problem...

juz make 'em die when they touch the water.

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
FukMeHo said:
no swim animations aint a problem...

juz make 'em die when they touch the water.

Yeah can do that, but i was refering to the fact you could not utilise the sea as part of the battlefield such as swimming in it to the base.

But could still use vehicles floating above acidic water :D