Unreal Security Mod Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
For those of you still running servers for the original Unreal PC game - a bit of enhanced security. Read the online manual for more details.

we would like inform you that a new security mod for Unreal 1 has been released to public. Nephthys provides ultimate protection for any Unreal
1 server left on the scene, by extending IpDrv capabilities to fix some critical holes in the first Unreal engine and to offer (protection against) a previously unknown instability.

Perfect server-side integration with any existing game type and mod running simultaneously
Powerful and effective protection against any type of known attack
Advanced IP banning/logging capabilities
Complete remote admin control
New dynamic upload system to kill the infamous lag when clients download content from the server
Open UnrealScript interface for mod authors to integrate third part mods

We STRONGLY suggest all of the remaining U1 servers to download and install this mod, in order to grant a (hopefully) painless death to our beloved Unreal game.

Update: Due to a misinterpretation of the original news source, we made a mistake in the above post. Rather than an unknown instability being fixed, it was meant that the mod helps U1 servers reach new levels of stability. Sorry about that. You can check the comments for full details on the slip-up. -Mia'cova

Winged Unicorn

From wishes to eternity
Just a couple of things:

1) It would be nice if you also mentioned the authors, you know ;)

2)
hal said:
...by extending IpDrv capabilities to fix some critical holes in the first Unreal engine and to offer (protection against) a previously unknown instability.
Ehhh? I thought "to offer a previously unknown stability" made quite sense... why did you change it? :eek:

Other than that, thanks for the news post! :)

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Hmm I might have misunderstood. Offering an unknown stability? It's sort of an odd mix of words and I thought you might have meant that you fixed a previously unknown instability.

Who is the author? Winged Unicorn? Zora? I linked to the site you gave but it was a little unclear because you mention "Nephthys - Mistress of the House - Goddess of your Unreal Server" and the name of the host is legend of vandora... lots of names. Sorry for the confusion.

Winged Unicorn

From wishes to eternity
hal said:
Offering an unknown stability? It's sort of an odd mix of words and I thought you might have meant that you fixed a previously unknown instability.
I basically meant that any server running this mod will achieve a run-time stability that has never been seen before in the past. Sorry for the weird expression I used, I shall improve my english :lol:

hal said:
Who is the author? Winged Unicorn? Zora?
Both, it's been a "little team work" :)

Thanks again for everything :D