News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > Reviews > Nali City > Nali City - Map Making > Map Ideas

Old 14th Dec 2004, 02:49 PM   #1
Papigiulio
feelin frisky?

ut on a ut2k4 engine!

Dunno if this is the right spot to post this, but I've noticed alot of old UT players complaining about ut2k3 and 4, cus the looks and gameplay have changed alot compared to UT.

Well my idea was, as ut2k3 and 4 can support alot more poly's, why not create a mod for it, which brings back allllll the old guns, models and maps into the current engine?

Would play very smooth I think, also you can upgrade maps aswell, add more details which would make the maps look greater, not too much off course, the old look shouldnt dissapear.

I think if a mod like that would be created alot of old players would return and could be a popular one aswell.

Papigiulio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jan 2005, 07:22 PM   #2
[DecoY]
Phat out of hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papigiulio
Dunno if this is the right spot to post this, but I've noticed alot of old UT players complaining about ut2k3 and 4, cus the looks and gameplay have changed alot compared to UT.
wasn't that the whole point?

Quote:
Well my idea was, as ut2k3 and 4 can support alot more poly's, why not create a mod for it, which brings back allllll the old guns, models and maps into the current engine?
because that would be pointless...
you can just as well play the original

Quote:
Would play very smooth I think, also you can upgrade maps aswell, add more details which would make the maps look greater, not too much off course, the old look shouldnt dissapear.
read back your post...
first "you" complain about the gameplay in 2K3/4, saying you want to convert UT to the next gen. engine, then you suggest changing things, thus CHANGING the GAMEPLAY...

Quote:
I think if a mod like that would be created alot of old players would return and could be a popular one aswell.
huh?
if would would be created people would return? return from where? return to what? playing UT?

Quote:
as far as I can see, there's nothing to smile about...

Quote:
"DRUNKENNESS, noun: A temporary but popular cure for Catholicism." Charles T Sprading
"Reality is a temporary illusion brought on by the lack of BEER!"
[DecoY] is offline   Reply With Quote