XHairs and WeaponNumbers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
First off, for the love of all things, re-import the crosshairs and untick the "Generate Mip-Maps" box(please!)
Those of us using low details end up having to deal with very blurry crosshairs(especially with the sniper rifle, you can only see the outer bars)

Secondly about the crosshairs, could you add a bit of transparency to the AR crosshair?
Those solid blocks make it quite difficult to see what you're aiming at(especially since the weapon models are shown)

[Edit]Nevermind, went ahead and mapped which was which

Speaking of the weapons, I was a Tech in one game and using my mousewheel(Next/PrevWeapon) I was stuck in a loop between Rocket/Auto turrets

Also, for those using low detail, the sniperzoom defaults to the UTClassic sniperzoom

Last edited:

|pure|Destruction

Jan 22, 2004
On most all weapons, in my viewing area I see a flat/horizontal line about 1 inch in length on my monitor, on the left side of the screen about mid-way.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Well, as far as I can tell, their xhairs are coded into the weapon to overlay or replace 2k4 xhairs
But a few of the xhairs are connected to the weapon functionality(i.e. RL)

Tho it would be nice to be able to change either the xhair itself or at least the color

|pure|Destruction

Jan 22, 2004
Keltare said:
Well, as far as I can tell, their xhairs are coded into the weapon to overlay or replace 2k4 xhairs
But a few of the xhairs are connected to the weapon functionality(i.e. RL)

Tho it would be nice to be able to change either the xhair itself or at least the color
Ive been trying to figure this out myself. So if you come up with how to override them or make them more visible let me know.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Well, after taking a closer look, the xhairs are pulled from certain coordinates of a massive xhair file in the UIResT.utx file.
So you'd have to use a bunch of set commands to change them ingame, which will only work offline

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
Keltare said:
...UIResT.utx file.
So you'd have to use a bunch of set commands to change them ingame, which will only work offline

That's all I need to know. :D

(I'm just going to edit that texture file, that way nothing else has to be changed or edited)

Last edited:

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
Isn't it possible to do everything from the ini file? Check your default user.ini and scroll down untill you see all the weaponclasses listed, along with the (custom) xhairs. If I could get a list of the weapon classes of UTXMP, I could take a look at it (yes, I play with low details :()

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
jrubzjeknf said:
Isn't it possible to do everything from the ini file? Check your default user.ini and scroll down untill you see all the weaponclasses listed, along with the (custom) xhairs. If I could get a list of the weapon classes of UTXMP, I could take a look at it (yes, I play with low details :()
Tried that, xmpweapons don't get listed in the Ini and adding them in with the custom xhair info doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.