Cant run mod

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

abordeu

Nov 30, 2004
Hi, I can't get Unwheel to run because after installing I only get the "Play UT2004" and "Play UT2004 (custom user config)" in my start menu icons. There is no "Play Unwheel" launcher. I tried to activate the mod through the community/mod menu from UT2004, but there's nothing there. I've reinstalled and dowloaded from different places. I have the latest UT2004 patch. I have 11gb of free space. What can be wrong?

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
Those Start Menu links are just there for conveniance... They run normal UT2004 - the (custom user config) option launches UT2004 using a seperate User.ini so your UnWheel keys don't mix up with your normal UT2004 keys.

Just start a normal UT2004 Instant Action or whatever and you'll find the UnWheel gametypes where you normally select DeathMatch, Onslaught, etc..

jsheedy

Dec 1, 2004
I am unable to run at all, Linux

I was unable to run the game at all. I unzip the mod in the ut2004 dir. I think it was unwheel_msu at first. So I tried to run the mod ut2004 -mod=unwheel2004, no success.

I then change the directory name to unwheel, then to Unwheel, then UnWheel

bad Mod error

I then check the perms, for the time being the just did a chmod -R 777 UnWheel
bad Mod error

I then noticed that in the directory there was no in file. So I created one.

bash-2.05b$ cat *ini
[MOD]
ModTitle=UnWheel
ModLogo=
ModDesc=UnWheel
ModCmdLine=
ModURL=

I don't know much about ini files.

The Mod now will start, but it is just he regular ut2004. I do not see the Mod Logo, I am not sure if that make a difference.

Thanks.

Gentoo linux, latest Nvidia Drivers

:eek:

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
LOL FFS! RTFFAQ ( READ THE ****ING FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS) OR EVEN RTFUFPHHCIFB? ( READ THE ****ING ABOVE ****ING POST, HOW HARD CAN IT ****ING BE?)

I apologise for the caps, only it seemed worthy for such a comment.

In case you are unable to see the post above yours, UnWheel does not use the -mod feature yet, it plops it in the extra gametypes list under instant action.

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
it also shows up in internet game types. All 1,000,000,000 UnWheel game modes :eek:
I droped the ball on looking into making 1 UW tab :( forgot to follow up on it, my bad.. :(

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
JACK SH!T said:
it also shows up in internet game types. All 1,000,000,000 UnWheel game modes :eek:
I droped the ball on looking into making 1 UW tab :( forgot to follow up on it, my bad.. :(

we're working on the -mod system, don't worry about it.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Just to let you guys know i'm really waiting for the -mod option. It's my tendency to want to keep things organized. The thought of installing in UT system gives me goosebumps.
*thinks of UT99 kazillion mods all in system dir*

Good luck devs