Convert WeaponlordUT99 to UT2004 - something to consider :)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mr Marik

May 21, 2004
Okay listen up!

I think it would be cool if all 110+ weapons from Weaponlord for UT99 were converted over to the UT2004 engine.

Hey, maybe you could even include WeaponMage, Marines-Cytek Corporation, Weapons Of Assimilation and Origin Overkill weapons in it too, so people can download them all in the one ZIP!! Maybe even include the updated-for-2K4 Ripper weapon too! You'd sure get a lot of people downloading it I reckon. It'd be near 180 weapons, but so what - that many just adds to the carnage! And turning on "Super Berserk" would only make it worse...for the better!!

So guys, what do you think? How hard would it be to recreate that many weapons? And approximately how long would it take? :D

Wookiee

Lets Rock
Aug 4, 2004
Well I suppose they could start it and have their grandkids finish the task... ;)

LEDx0rz

The most brilliant man that ever lived
Sep 28, 2004
Philidelphia
great idea, but i dont think that is going to happen in this millenium(seriously it could take a while, even with it being constantly worked on). But hopefully Parser will prove me wrong so we can all do this agian :rl: :)

Mr Marik

May 21, 2004
I recently went through Weaponlord a bit. There are some weapons there that kinda suck (no offence). Perhaps the really bad ones (ie. cheesecannon) could be filtered out, while the good ones (ie. tribal shotgun) and the exceptional ones (ie. BFG9000) could stay.

What do yous think?

jaf

Sep 11, 2004
I recently went through Weaponlord a bit. There are some weapons there that kinda suck (no offence). Perhaps the really bad ones (ie. cheesecannon) could be filtered out, while the good ones (ie. tribal shotgun) and the exceptional ones (ie. BFG9000) could stay.

What do yous think?
I'd say that.. POWER OP THE WEAKER ONES HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously speaking, i think that only WL, WM and OO are worth converting.
:tup: WL FOREVERRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tup:

Ghost3021

Registered Hobbit
Nov 21, 2004
Behind you.
its takes FOREVER just to make one weapon for ut2k4...for UT it could be done fairly quickly but in 2k4 there are 10+ classes required for just one gun.
i dunno...that would take a very long time...

icemanex

Sep 20, 2004
hmmmmmm maybe if we had every person on all the beyondunreal sites who can make weapins working on it ....... IT WOULD STILL TAKE AGES lol