News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games > Unreal Tournament Series > Original Unreal Tournament

Old 14th Apr 2000, 02:09 AM   #1
GunnerX

Talking

Made it myself. [img]/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif[/img] The textures are all part of the texture packages that came with UT. I was very pleased that it turned out really well!

[MUTTS]GunnerX

"If at first you don't succeed, don't try Sky Diving!"

Old 14th Apr 2000, 02:38 AM   #2
Temporary Account
Temporarily Permanent

I'd say when you're "done" with it, give it to some objective people for playtesting. Get some feedback, do any tweaks if necessary. Repeat. When feedback is good, and you think it's worth it, THEN release it.

BTW...architecture looks good. I can see the potential of it. If ya want a playtester when it's done, gimme a buzz! [img]/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif[/img]

-[CMi]Soul-Crusher
www.cosmicmonstersinc.com

Temporary Account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2000, 11:49 AM   #3
JuDDa

Exclamation

Just wanted your opinions on whether i should release my first map.??(when its finished which is a long way off yet as u can tell by the pics).Just wanted to know cause i've heard from other people that u should really only post your first map if you've already completed some maps(so its not a complete dud).

This is my very FIRST map,the map im actually learning Ued with to be precise(its mainly been constructed with primatives).
I don't wanna spend ages on it only to stick it in a folder out the way once its completed,im not looking to create a brilliant map my first time just something playable.
Im still working on the map layout which will be finished soon i hope,thats why its all in a boring texture(apart from the ODD detail)then i'll start adding more detail.
I just want everyones views & honest opinions on what first time mappers should do..
Cheers.

JuDDa

p.s. This post is also in the editing forum ,im posting it here for people who don't frequent that forum + i want everyones opinions on first time maps...
JuDDa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2000, 11:57 AM   #4
Ritz
Cracka

nah, save that one for yourself
unless of course it somehow plays very well
looks better than my first and only map though [img]/~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif[/img]
Ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2000, 12:00 PM   #5
SuperD[C1]
[C1] is dead. {PC} 0wnz j00

Thumbs up

here's a tip: Try to use more than one texture.
SuperD[C1] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2000, 12:05 PM   #6
JuDDa

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Im still working on the map layout which will be finished soon i hope,thats why its all in a boring texture<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by JuDDa (edited 04-14-2000).]
Old 14th Apr 2000, 12:10 PM   #7
JuDDa

Wink

Like i said it's still a LONG,LONG way off from being finished & those 2 areas still have a lot of cutting & adding to be done to them yet.

JuDDa
Old 14th Apr 2000, 12:15 PM   #8
NutBar-SOB

When you are ready, post it here and get some feedback, but don't send it to Nali City.
NutBar-SOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2000, 12:27 PM   #9
Skumboy

I actually like it [img]/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif[/img]

"Any astronomer can predict with absolute accuracy just where every star in the universe will be at 11:30 tonight. He can make no such prediction about his teenage daughter." -- James T. Adams

[Ci]Skumboy|PuF

Skumboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2000, 12:28 PM   #10
GunnerX

Talking

Here's my very First map that I'm working on. It's based on my clan. Almost all textures will be original and worked on by [MUTTS]_Das_

Take a peek at CTF-DogPound!!

Still need to do lots of things. Won't release it to Nali City. I'll make it a PU Capture exclusive. Ya hear that Rooster. [img]/~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif[/img]

[MUTTS]GunnerX

"If at first you don't succeed, don't try Sky Diving!"

Old 14th Apr 2000, 12:31 PM   #11
Hertston

If it's GOOD, post it. But be your own harshest critic, and try and score it as NaliCity does. My own policy has been not to release anything that won't get at least a seven (less than that and no-one downloads anyway). For the record, I am on map 6, which I am hoping will be THAT map !

Don't take NaliCity's view as gospel though. Most of the time they get it right, but there are some pretty strange scores on occasion, particularly at the higher end. They seem much more concerned about eye-candy textures than playability or plausible architecture on occasion.
Old 14th Apr 2000, 01:44 PM   #12
JESUS CHRIST
Masterful

nice skybox Gunner, were did you get that?
JESUS CHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2000, 04:32 PM   #13
JuDDa

Sure thing m8.
And thanx guys for your advice.

Anyone else have an opinion on releasing your first map.??

JuDDa

[This message has been edited by JuDDa (edited 04-14-2000).]