[UT] Exec mesh & Exporting existing models

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
First of all, I'd like to know what the following does exactly :

Code:
#exec MESH ORIGIN MESH=Rifle2m X=0 Y=0 Z=0 YAW=64 PITCH=0 ROLL=0

#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=Rifle2m SEQ=All         STARTFRAME=0   NUMFRAMES=75
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=Rifle2m SEQ=Select      STARTFRAME=0   NUMFRAMES=17 RATE=28 GROUP=Select
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=Rifle2m SEQ=Still       STARTFRAME=17  NUMFRAMES=1 
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=Rifle2m SEQ=Fire        STARTFRAME=17  NUMFRAMES=10 RATE=15
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=Rifle2m SEQ=Fire2       STARTFRAME=27  NUMFRAMES=10 RATE=15
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=Rifle2m SEQ=Fire3       STARTFRAME=37  NUMFRAMES=10 RATE=15
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=Rifle2m SEQ=Fire4       STARTFRAME=47  NUMFRAMES=10 RATE=15
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=Rifle2m SEQ=Fire5       STARTFRAME=57  NUMFRAMES=10 RATE=15
#exec MESH SEQUENCE MESH=Rifle2m SEQ=Down        STARTFRAME=67  NUMFRAMES=7

#exec MESHMAP SCALE MESHMAP=Rifle2m X=0.008 Y=0.004 Z=0.016
#exec MESHMAP SETTEXTURE MESHMAP=Rifle2m NUM=0 TEXTURE=Rifle2a
#exec MESHMAP SETTEXTURE MESHMAP=Rifle2m NUM=1 TEXTURE=Rifle2b
#exec MESHMAP SETTEXTURE MESHMAP=Rifle2m NUM=2 TEXTURE=Rifle2c
#exec MESHMAP SETTEXTURE MESHMAP=Rifle2m NUM=3 TEXTURE=Rifle2d

This is taken from a variant of the Zark weapon mutator btw. I was wondering if these were existing meshes and if these instructions are simply redefining the way a normal Sniper Rifle would work.

More importantly, though, I would also like to know if these instructions would pose an obstacle to rewriting the mutator. In this case, I'd like to add an arena option as Zark mutators seem to only replace Sniper and Shock Rifles by convention.

Also, if I ever have to remake a weapon mutator that uses custom meshes, I'm wondering if there's a method or tool for exporting these meshes. I imagine that these meshes would be necessary at compilation time.

porkmanii

Sep 9, 2004
Australia, Qld
Do you necessarily need to remake the mutator? Couldn't you just have a seperate package that contains an arena mutator for the Zark weapon?

If you need to export classes, textures, sounds or meshes, you can use the Exporter built into WOTgreal. The exporter is also available seperately on the WOTgreal downloads page.

If there aren't any exec directives importing meshes, you probably don't need any meshes.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Not really but casual players seem to be confused about the fact that the Arena mutator requires the presence of the original mutator. I was thinking of adding an arena option and maybe some more addons to create an enhanced version of the original. I have made a separate mutator which I've attached here.

I'll have a look at this WOTgreal and thanks for the link to that exec directives page (they remind me think of head files in C :p ).

Attachments

• ZM_SLRB_II_AR_Arena_Beta.zip
    16.1 KB · Views: 12