News UnrealEd Files Mods FragBU Liandri Archives
BeyondUnreal Forums

Go Back   BeyondUnreal Forums > BeyondUnreal > Games > Unreal Tournament Series > Original Unreal Tournament

Old 13th Apr 2000, 02:11 AM   #1
Thailog

Ok using a 300 MHz system with 128 RAM. Now for the INI file. What do u used to edit it with. Looks like gibberish to me..
Thailog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2000, 02:45 AM   #2
ImagoX

I agree- running a dedicated server and an actual game will cause you to melt down- much better to just run a standard Multiplayer game if you want to play against other people on your machine. If you have a second, faster PC of at least 300+mhz, with a fast connection (such as cable or DSL), then use IT as the dedicated server. If you're on a LAN, you can have your "game machine" connect to your "dedicated server" via the LAN.

If you have the server set up on a different PC, you can access it by enabling "Web Administration" and setting a admin user name and password. That way, you can administer the server remotely from any PC's browser. Just type in the IP address of the server, along with the admin port number which is 8077 in the browser addrss line (ex: http://24.26.113.45:8077). After logging in with the Admin UserName and password you entered when setting the server up, you will get a screen that will let you set maps, bots, skill levels, rules etc.

This is the simpliest way I've found to admin. If you need to actually learn the console commands (which I recomend) try starting here: http://www.planetunreal.com/TheAdminPage/

It's a site dedicated to UT Server information.

Good luck!

[MUTTS]ImagoX
Old 13th Apr 2000, 09:04 AM   #3
Thailog

Question

Hi all, first time here and and this looks like the right place [img]/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif[/img]
Question: I am setting up a in house network and I know I can run UT on a detcated Server for downloading skins to the clients (which is just great not having to put the bonus pack on all my machines) but what about a client run server??? Can it be done???
Old 13th Apr 2000, 10:19 AM   #4
ImagoX

I'm not sure I understand the question here, but I DO have a LAN at home myself, running UT through a firewall on the front-end of the net connection, and I've learned a bunch of things (the hard way) over the last few weeks. If I can help I will- what exactly are you trying to do here?

[MUTTS]ImagoX
Old 13th Apr 2000, 12:39 PM   #5
Thailog

Hi ImagoX,
What I am trying to do is make a cleint and server on the same machine. Any ideas?
Old 13th Apr 2000, 01:09 PM   #6
Ripper069

Red face

Do you have a Super Computer??? [img]/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif[/img]

"Where Ever You Go, There You Are" Thunderdome
Ripper069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Apr 2000, 01:14 PM   #7
Thailog

No Just a Dell 800MHz. But I just hate the machine to be a deidcated server only. Like someone to play on it too at the same time..
Old 13th Apr 2000, 01:26 PM   #8
Rooster
Local Legend

You'd be much better off hosting a game on a seperate computer.

The UT server needs MUCH less power (cpu/video) than UT client. It just needs a decent amount of RAM and probably something around 300Mhz to run well (as well as good connection).

Map Reviewer for Capture
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote