i need help (again)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

icemanex

Sep 20, 2004
i have questsions about skins i want to know if other ppl can see the skins i have put in my ut2004 folder and used on my character profile i can see myself as the skin online but can other ppl see it???
and what is the difference between a skin and a model and can ppl see the model someone else is using??
forgive my lack of knowledge but ut2004 is the first unreal game i brought

Wookiee

Lets Rock
Aug 4, 2004
Imagine a basketball. The model would be the shape of the sphere itself, and the skin would be the texture and lines on it. Also I don't think that people can see your character unless they have downloaded it themselves. If you can't see their skin it shows the default skin, Jacob.

icemanex

Sep 20, 2004
well that sucks

that sucks there should be a patch made that lets you see any skin that someone has installed :mad:

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
icemanex said:
that sucks there should be a patch made that lets you see any skin that someone has installed :mad:

A Patch that would players force to download some skin another player is using...Just so they can see it.. That's impossible..No, it doesn't work like that.

How other people can see your skin though:

1) They have the same skin(s) installed as you.
2) A server that has the skin(s) installed and listed in ServerPackages=SkinName
Any player who connects to that server and does not have the skin(s) installed will be forced to download this. By then players will be able to see other skins than default.
Otherwise players would see you as default skin..what Wookie said, that would be Jacob.

The same goes for Models. A model is like a wireframe "blank" character and the skin gives them a face. Get the idea?
:)

Last edited by a moderator: