HUD questions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JoeyJoeJo

Oct 11, 2004
I'm new to US, but I've made a couple of mutators. Now I'm working on making a HUD. I don't quite understand how it works. The mutator was easy becaus all I had to do was put it in the UT2004.ini file and it showed up. But my question is how do I go about making my HUD show up? I think that eventually I want my HUD to be a button on the regular HUD. Meaning I want the user to press esc to bring up the menu and then have my HUD as an option on that menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

<edit>I meant to post this in the coding forum. Can somebody please move it?</edit>

Last edited:

StormSeed

Jan 18, 2005
JoeyJoeJo said:
I'm new to US, but I've made a couple of mutators. Now I'm working on making a HUD. I don't quite understand how it works. The mutator was easy becaus all I had to do was put it in the UT2004.ini file and it showed up. But my question is how do I go about making my HUD show up? I think that eventually I want my HUD to be a button on the regular HUD. Meaning I want the user to press esc to bring up the menu and then have my HUD as an option on that menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

<edit>I meant to post this in the coding forum. Can somebody please move it?</edit>

I once made a mutator that detects incoming players which then removes their current HUD and replaces it with a derived-class HUD, but this had an incompatibility with the Onslaught HUD. Onslaught also uses a derived HUD, but my HUD does not have the Onslaught Map-drawing feature, because it is derived from the base HUD.

If you are not making a mutator, but rather a new gametype, you can specify the players' default HUD class, so you can just derive a new HUD class and use that.