I got this error

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

desi

Oct 10, 2004
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2802 MHz with 502MB RAM
Video: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller (3510)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::processEvent <- (UWSCarMoD UWCTF-Aquanum.UWSCarMoD,
Function UnWheel.UWSCar.PostBeginPlay) <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (UWSCarMoD) <- UObject::processEvent
<- (UWGUI4CarSelect Package.UWGUI4CarSelect, Function UnWheel.UWGUI4CarSelect.ClickSelect)
<- UObject::processDelegate <- UGUIComponent::MouseReleased <- (GUIButton Package.GUIButton)
<- UGUIController::MouseReleased <- UGUIController::NativeKeyEvent::LeftMouseClick <- UGUIController::NativeKeyEvent
<- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessKeyEvent <- UEngine::InputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent
<- UWindowsViewport::UpdateInput <- UViewport::ReadInput <- APlayerController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick
<- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Aquanum <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

JACK SH!T

Evil Genius in a Nutshell
Sep 2, 2004
desi said:

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2802 MHz with 502MB RAM
Video: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller (3510)

General protection fault!

Hummmmmmmm, I would geuss you need to update your vid driver...
Also, do your windoze update, there is a new version of direct-x avalable; dx9.0c
I installed it on an old G4-MX420 and I'm seeing a big improvment.

Oh yeah, what's with the 502 megs of ram? seems like a strange ram count....

Ravu al Hemio

Comes, fixes, leaves.
Sep 1, 2004
Austria
desi said:
Never checked the sticky thread at the top of this page, huh?!
It says quite clearly "Patch Up!"

http://download.beyondunreal.com/fileworks.php/official/ut2004/ut2004-winpatch3323.exe

A message to all the newbies who don't get it:
  1. By definition, a game is buggy.
    [*]To eliminate most of these bugs, the game developers release so-called patches.
    [*]Before you go post a support reuqest, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE UPDATED YOUR GAME TO THE LATEST PATCH!!!

Sorry for the rant, but I just can't stand the same question again and again whilst the answer is actually painfully obvious.

desi

Oct 10, 2004
Thanks guys, for helping me.. Now its working prefectly.. I am really thanksful of u guys..
Thanks again